Helio wears a blue belt

Awesome. Does this mean I'm now his equal in BJJ? haha... :D

yeah he doesnt like how the art is evolving into sport Jiu jitsu.. i love it

Its true. But fitting. Since Wallid put Royce's BJJ level at that of a good blue belt when he choked Royce unconscious. Bwahahahaha.

Just kidding.

Helio is just upset that there are a lot of people evolving jiu jitsu, teaching thier students everything, and not fleecing them while doing so. In that respect I am not kidding.

Stoic1 said:
Its true. But fitting. Since Wallid put Royce's BJJ level at that of a good blue belt when he choked Royce unconscious. Bwahahahaha.

Just kidding.

Helio is just upset that there are a lot of people evolving jiu jitsu, teaching thier students everything, and not fleecing them while doing so. In that respect I am not kidding.

Wallid did whoop Royce's ass pretty badly. I wish his style is more fun to watch............and ask him about Roleta.

Helio is always doing somethig to protest all the people learning his art. I guess its time for him to start a new one so he is the only black belt again.

What did he think hey could make millions off of BJJ and not have anyone else learn it?

The only really quick black belts i know of are BJ and dean lister. Both of whom have proven worthy

Stoic1 said:

Just kidding.

I don't understand...fleecing?

There does seem to be alot of BB everywhere now. Good for Helio.

infamous mattyd said:
I don't understand...fleecing?
Look at Rorion's school and how he's taken a lot of information back from his students... unless you are his son.

Sounds like shit to me. I think he is more upset about people evolving bjj for their own use instead of how he teaches it. Which is funny because he evolved judo in the first place for his own use.

Wasn't he wearing white for a while? Who promoted him?

Mirada said:
Wasn't he wearing white for a while? Who promoted him?
I did, sorry about that. He said he'd give me 10 minutes in a tool shed with Kyra Gracie... anything goes.

How much of that time would you spend rolling?

I think I'd manage a three minute match before I had to move on to other things.

Stoic1 said:
Wouldn't wearing a blue belt be a concession that BJJ is evolving past him?

i thought i read in an interview that he said, and i paraphrase here, that he felt like wearing a blue belt as a protest. not that he had actually started doing it.

he wears a blue belt. i saw a picture, my teacher showed me. my teacher is a carlos gracie jr. bb.
helio doesnt like the way jiu jitsu is not what he intended it to be, he created a self-defense art that became a sport and he hates it.
I guess this must be what happened to karate, kung fu, capoeira.........
pretty soon BJJ will be what Bruce Lee called " a classical mess".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back