Height was not the main issue in the JJ/DC fight

LOL Most of this forum was convinced that Cormier's feats against large HWs meant that Jones had no chance. Now, he was just too big for Cormier in spite of the fact that he's smaller than several of the guys that Cormier dominated at HW.

This sport's fanbase is full of clowns.

I can't wait to see the incoherent excuses that you people come up with after Jones beats Gustafsson in the rematch.

Clowns indeed. Sometime I wonder what the age group of these people are. I have been a lurker her for years and notice not much of them are fight fans. They are more personality fans. I kew Alex was going to be a tough fight for Jones. Not because of his size but his take down defense and his striking, I knew it. Jones won in my eyes but learned a good lesson in the process.

"He the champion for a reason" - Alex, he knows whats up. :)

DC is a bloated MW. JBJ is a giant LHW. That said, DC did a very good job of getting in and landing shots. If he did not gas, who knows what would have happened.

Clowns indeed. Sometime I wonder what the age group of these people are. I have been a lurker her for years and notice not much of them are fight fans. They are more personality fans. I kew Alex was going to be a tough fight for Jones. Not because of his size but his take down defense and his striking, I knew it. Jones won in my eyes but learned a good lesson in the process.

"He the champion for a reason" - Alex, he knows whats up. :)

You can't sum it up much better than that.

i think it had more to do with:
wrestler turned mma fighter at age 21 who quit college and wrestling to focus on mma vs wrestler turned mma fighter not until age 29 after accomplishing all he could in wrestling

I don't like Jones but I don't really hate anyone in MMA.

I thought DC would win but I underestimated how much of a factor his lack of leverage would be in the clinch.

After watching that fight and watching the Gus fight again it's obvious that leverage was a major factor. For example the takedown that Gus landed on Jones wouldn't be possible for a shorter man, he grabbed him around the waist and used his head to put pressure high up on his body for a sort of push/pull takedown where he pushes the head away with his head and pulls in the waist. DC isn't tall enough to do this to Jones.

I also thought dc had this fight but once the first takedown defense from jones happened I got a bad feeling about how shit was gonna go down but I was shocked at how bad dc was fucking jones up with the dirty boxing though

jones wins because hes a master at using his genetic gifts, but its hard to say that around here without being accused of discrediting jones

let it go. Im starting to dislike JBJ's haters more than his fans

Height had nothing to do with the fight. Big foot, Mir, Barnett are the same height or even bigger than Jones. The fact that Jones' clinch game is too good. A combination of wrestling, Muay Thai, judo clinches made DC looked like a bitch.

It wasn't the only thing but it's Jones physical body stats COMBINED with his skills that makes him too difficult to beat in the clinch.

Imagine if Anderson Silva had Jones' wrestling for example ... how do you beat him when he was nearly impossible to beat as is.

That's basically what Jones is now ... he has a huge reach advantage for standing, huge reach with knees and elbows for clinch work while also have great wrestling that takes advantage of his long limbs to keep his hips away from his opponents.

I also thought dc had this fight but once the first takedown defense from jones happened I got a bad feeling about how shit was gonna go down but I was shocked at how bad dc was fucking jones up with the dirty boxing though

jones wins because hes a master at using his genetic gifts, but its hard to say that around here without being accused of discrediting jones

People on here have a problem with thinking things are always black and white, when everything is grey.

If you say Jones' height and reach was a factor then people will assume you think it's the only factor that makes him good. Basically most people are morons.

Tyson was also shorter than most his opponents

height had everything to do with it imo. daniel could not fight like he normally does he struggled big time with the reach and size of Jones.

None of the guys you mentioned are as tall as Jones, except maybe bigfoot who is the slowest HW on the roster. I could tell Cormier was struggling with the height all fight.

He has fought big guys but this was the first time I thought to myself wow he looks small next to an opponent. Jones absolutely dwarfed him.

People on here have a problem with thinking things are always black and white, when everything is grey.

If you say Jones' height and reach was a factor then people will assume you think it's the only factor that makes him good. Basically most people are morons.

So fucking true

height had everything to do with it imo. daniel could not fight like he normally does he struggled big time with the reach and size of Jones.

None of the guys you mentioned are as tall as Jones, except maybe bigfoot who is the slowest HW on the roster. I could tell Cormier was struggling with the height all fight.

He has fought big guys but this was the first time I thought to myself wow he looks small next to an opponent. Jones absolutely dwarfed him.

Pat Cummins is 6'2, Mir is 6'3, Josh is 6'3, Bigfoot is 6'4, Soa is 6'4.

Jones is just that good.

Pat Cummins is 6'2, Mir is 6'3, Josh is 6'3, Bigfoot is 6'4, Soa is 6'4.

Jones is just that good.

No way, I heard Jones cuts height when they measure, he's actually taller than Stefan Struve! It's the only way to explain his dominance!

FACT he is a height cutter!

Jones was wearing DC's arms out with the wrist, and forearm control. Jones' leverage, and length is truly something to have to deal with.

DC said that bones felt bigger in the clinch than he had imagined. That probably also has to do with the height difference.

yeah but lets be real jones is no taller than most of dc's opponents, Sao, Barnett, Mir are all about the same height and he beat that 6'6 guy early on. It was jones' skill. Bigfoot is bigger and also has like an 82 inch reach. Im saying that as a fan of cormier. Jones is that good

No way, I heard Jones cuts height when they measure, he's actually taller than Stefan Struve! It's the only way to explain his dominance!

FACT he is a height cutter!

Yea, I have a friend who was in the room when they measured Jones height, and he said that Jones bent his knees a little.

Back