Hector Lombard

Great win , Nate has a very weak chin these days however

Yep. Nate has been one of my favorite fighters, but the guy fights like an idiot now.

His chin is very weak. He's always gotten rocked very easily, but now he is getting finished very quickly (regardless of the fact that he's fought two VERY heavy hitters in his last two). He doesn't even try to make up for it though. He swings and clinches, leaving his head straight up in the air with his chin exposed. The way he should have fought would be to try to get Lombard down and tire him out to take away some of his power, THEN try to strike with him if that's what he wanted.

Yep. Nate has been one of my favorite fighters, but the guy fights like an idiot now.

His chin is very weak. He's always gotten rocked very easily, but now he is getting finished very quickly (regardless of the fact that he's fought two VERY heavy hitters in his last two). He doesn't even try to make up for it though. He swings and clinches, leaving his head straight up in the air with his chin exposed. The way he should have fought would be to try to get Lombard down and tire him out to take away some of his power, THEN try to strike with him if that's what he wanted.

At 35 years old it would seem that Marquardt is on the decline.

Man was sad to see either one of them go down , was rooting for Lombard !! Guess I got what I wanted ... Looked great .. Now let's see him past the first round lol ... His power is gonna be NASTY at 170

Let's feed Hector another Nate.

Lombard vs Diaz

Dust off that retired fight promoter

Okami outstruck Lombard lol

Majority of that fight was on the feet

OKAmi had 2 good minutes with the jab, which when combined with a minute of leg hugging led to the only definitive round for Okami, the 2nd.

LOL wut?? :rolleyes:

Rory takes Lombards 25 fight win streak and looses 5-6 of those fights. You are eating UFC **** son.

huge Lombard Fan but I disagree, Rory is pretty good at using his reach to keep shorter and more explosive fighters at bay.
I thought Ellenberger was going to KRTO Rory for sure, but I was proven wrong..

a fight with Lombard would look identical

Let's feed Hector another Nate.

Lombard vs Diaz

Dust off that retired fight promoter

I think Diaz's chin would hold up long enough for Lombard to gas. His name is Nick though.

I'd like to see him fight Ellenburger eventually or Robbie Lawler

Missed it. Did Marquardt even attempt a takedown?
Nope.
He did try running a few times. Didn't work out.

I was hoping for Nate to pull through, but this is what I expected. Shame.
Put Lombard against the Ellenburger/Saffedine winner. Let Marquardt run wild in Bellator or WSOF.

LOL wut?? :rolleyes:

Rory takes Lombards 25 fight win streak and looses 5-6 of those fights. You are eating UFC **** son.

Not to be a wiki newb, but atleast 15 of those wins were against guys without wiki pages and half of them that do... aren't that great.

The only one I see Rory losing to more often than not is Storm.

huge Lombard Fan but I disagree, Rory is pretty good at using his reach to keep shorter and more explosive fighters at bay.
I thought Ellenberger was going to KRTO Rory for sure, but I was proven wrong..

a fight with Lombard would look identical

Ellenburger didn't engage.

I hope Rory getting decimated by Lawler clears some things up for you ladies. Feel free to quote this comment after that fight.

hes a monster in the pocket, but smetimes he doesnt even bother going there

aggressive lombard is much scarier than patient counterfighter lombard though

Back