Hector Lombard!

CJ21

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I feel like Lombard could be the middle weight champ and welterweight champ if he just changed his damn style.

He has probably the quickest hands and is probably the most explosive fighter in the MW and WW division but he just stands in front of you flat footed and waits to counter. A skilled striker will pick him apart because he's soo flat footed.

I would love for him to show some movement and be on his toes. I think if he does that then he will kill a lot of ppl and could possibly be the champ.

He needs to also work a little on his cardio and a little bit of wrestling then I think he'll be good.

I think he loses to Marquardt and gets his walking papers. His hype died hard.

It seems like you're saying that he could be champ if he would just work on some things, namely his striking, cardio, and wrestling. Sounds like you're pretty much saying that he'd be better if he could get better. Younger would help too.

he just needs to go apeshit on people instead of standing there.

if lombard had gas=amazing champ

Lombard is too small for MW.. He can't even put his arms around guys to use his judo at MW, so the fact he's done well there his entire career is pretty impressive. It'll be interesting to see him at WW, and what a beast he'll be.

Still think the Boetsch fight was the clearest robbery I've seen.

I feel like Lombard could be the middle weight champ and welterweight champ if he just changed his damn style.

He has probably the quickest hands and is probably the most explosive fighter in the MW and WW division but he just stands in front of you flat footed and waits to counter. A skilled striker will pick him apart because he's soo flat footed.

I would love for him to show some movement and be on his toes. I think if he does that then he will kill a lot of ppl and could possibly be the champ.

He needs to also work a little on his cardio and a little bit of wrestling then I think he'll be good.

Being light on ur feet instead of flat footed takes more stamina which lombard doesnt have. His style supports his attributes

Lombard has always been overrated.

And that's it.

If Hector Lombard was not Hector Lombard he could be the champ.

It seems like you're saying that he could be champ if he would just work on some things, namely his striking, cardio, and wrestling. Sounds like you're pretty much saying that he'd be better if he could get better. Younger would help too.

I was thinking the same thing

He's as good as he can be with the genetics he was given. But he doesn't have the reach or agility to threaten the top tier.

If the UFC was restricted to stumpy guys like Palhares, Lombard could be champ.

He does not adjust at all when things do not go his way. His application of striking could be more technical instead of winging heavy shots all the time. And with his grappling backround, he should never be dominated on the ground like he has been.

Still think the Boetsch fight was the clearest robbery I've seen.

clearest robbery? really? it was a split decision in a very close fight. sherdog play by play barely gave it to lombard, but gave the first round to Boetsch, while several other mainstream MMA sites scored it for Tim. I can see how people would score the fight for Hector, but I don't think most people would ever consider that fight a "robbery".

clearest robbery? really? it was a split decision in a very close fight. sherdog play by play barely gave it to lombard, but gave the first round to Boetsch, while several other mainstream MMA sites scored it for Tim. I can see how people would score the fight for Hector, but I don't think most people would ever consider that fight a "robbery".

Wait a minute. I've always defined "robbery" as when my fighter of choice loses a decision. Isn't that correct?

Same argument people have about Overeem, Guillard, Abedi, Lashley, Kongo et al.

If only if only if only if only, potential, potential, potential; something that is rarely mentioned if a White or Asian fighter shows promise but has a flaw.

You see what you've grown up to believe what the TV tells you is a 'tough guy'. But can't accept the reality. It's why dominant technical boxers like Klitschko's have no media push in America(block your ears and say HW boxing is 'dead') and pillow fisted technical boxers like Mayweather are over promoted.

Lombard with killer cardio = champ, shame he doesn't and probably never will.

Back