Hector Lombard. What's next?

Lose some muscle mass and try 155. He's outsized even at 170.

:icon_lol:

by "outsized" do you mean short?

he looked stronger than boetsch who used to fight at lhw
okami arguably outmuscled him, one of the biggest, strongest guys at mw

there's no way he makes 155

How is he going to run through Condit? Nobody has ever "run through" him. Condit is also better in every facet of the game. Maia and Shields? Both of them would find a way to take Hector to the ground, and he loses there for sure. He's literally got a puncher's chance against all of them. If he goes against Diaz or Ellenberger, at least they'll get in a firefight with him.
I don't think he'd run through Condit, that's another guy that matches up pretty well with Hector. I wouldn't say Condit is better in every facet of the game though as Hector would have the ability to largely dictate where the fight took place. You're way off on Shields and Maia IMO.

Wrong. Hector's a pretty easy fight for most of the top of this division, especially with the fighters you just named. He's mentally weak, and he'll give up wherever he can't win on brute force or speed. He's actually pretty similar to Belfort in that respect.

what? you can't be serious

Okami shut him down for first 2 rounds then Lombard came back in 3rd and Okami won via split decision.

how he is mentally weak and sshut like Belfort? for Belfort it's jones fight,Sakuraba,Reem,Chuck

but when Lombard lost a round and wasn't fighting back?

i think Condit would have gameplan kinda like he used to beat Diaz

Ellenberger (if he beats Tarec) or Lawler/Rory winner. I'd only want to see him at Middleweight if it were against Bisping.

So many awesome potential match ups at WW, he could fight Alves, Ellenberger, Bahadurzada, Lim, Diaz, etc, etc

I don't think he'd run through Condit, that's another guy that matches up pretty well with Hector. I wouldn't say Condit is better in every facet of the game though as Hector would have the ability to largely dictate where the fight took place. You're way off on Shields and Maia IMO.

I think both Shields and Maia have dealt with tougher opponents in the past, and Hector only poses a threat in that he's fast and very strong. But just watch him fight- the guy can't handle things aren't just going his way. He'd probably get to the ground with a guy like shields and get flustered when he can't simply muscle through. He's got a chance to win of course, but I don't think it's that big. It's more likely he's submitted by Maia or neutralized by Shields.

I think both Shields and Maia have dealt with tougher opponents in the past, and Hector only poses a threat in that he's fast and very strong. But just watch him fight- the guy can't handle things aren't just going his way. He'd probably get to the ground with a guy like shields and get flustered when he can't simply muscle through. He's got a chance to win of course, but I don't think it's that big. It's more likely he's submitted by Maia or neutralized by Shields.
Shields would not be able to take Lombard down. He couldn't take Woodley or Maia down. Maia would also struggle mightily to take him down. They've each got height/reach on him, but I still think Hector gives them all they can handle standing. I certainly wouldn't rule either of them out, but I think they're definitely very winnable fights for Lombard. And I'm not a Lombard fan at all BTW, just calling it as I see it.

Let's think about some of the comments here,Maia and shields would out grapple him. So an Olympic silver medal judoka won't be able to grapple? Not a smart way to think,really.i also laughed when people talked about his weight cut,and nobody mentioned Nate was a big middleweight.looking at hector there,I'd say Alves or some the striker,then one of the top 10 guys.

man give him shields, I need to see shields get fucked up

After great win over Marquardt what's next for Hector?

I think he should stay at WW instead of going back to MW.

Lombard vs Brown/Lawler/Diaz could be a war.

I feel like he's maybe 2 wins from title shot in current WW division.

He doesn't want to wait that long. He's said all along he wants to fight in December on that Australia card. If he fought Brown or Lawler, it wouldn't happen til about March of next year probably.

Also, it would behoove him to fight sooner given the title picture has a good chance of clearing up around December, and he'd have a great chance of painting himself prominently into it with 2 wins.

I guess he said he's saying at ww, so he should ask to put his hands on Shields at the Australia event. Otherwise, he could ask to fight Kampmann, but I'd hope Joe Silva shows mercy on Kampmann's brain. He's one of the guys who I can't stand to see hit anymore. And that's from guys who pack a lot less power than Hector.

He's got nothing in MW and he aint getting any younger. He should definately stay in WW.

Amagov vs Lombard in Australia's card. Both coming from quick finishes yesterday and it would be FIREWORKS!

Back