Hector Lombard vs Yushin Okami

Mitchsmith08

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Anyone else think this is going to be an absolutely boring fight? Considering Yushin is going to do nothing but try to take down hector. Ever since Yushin okami teamed up with Chael sonnen he's become the most boring fighter in the UFC behind Jon Fitch imo

Anyone else think this is going to be an absolutely boring fight? Considering Yushin is going to do nothing but try to take down hector. Ever since Yushin okami teamed up with Chael sonnen he's become the most boring fighter in the UFC behind Jon Fitch imo

You're wrong in every particular.

Even before teaming up with Chael he was labelled a boring fighter. He used to just grind out decisions and do absolutely nothing but he's obviously a better fighter since then and is a bit more exciting than he was then as well.

Lombard is going to smash him. 1st round KO

Lombard gonna touch that suspect chin.

Why does this thread even exist? The first one is literally one spot higher than this one at the time of this posting.

I got Lombard by KO but this fight will let me know If lombard is as legit as I think he is, Okami is top 5 in the MW division.

Why does this thread even exist? The first one is literally one spot higher than this one at the time of this posting.

Probably because people didn't originally see it

Even Fitch is more exciting....

Hope Lombard takes Okami's head off.

OP is right about one thing, Okami has been insanely dull for ages now. Insanely. Dull. The only fights I enjoyed were vs Anderson and Boetsch, not because I wanted him to lose, I just wanted something to happen.

Edit: fix'd misclicked quote.

Last edited:

Okami has always been more or less the same guy. Takes you down, works for position, just using strikes to set up passes. Makes you work, gets you tired, does his damage late - usually from mount. Against lower level guys, he usually gets that position and gets a stoppage late. Against higher level guys, he usually does some good damage late, but doesn't get the finish. I don't understand why anyone would find it boring, but I realize a lot of people do.

It's definitely similar to Fitch, though. Both guys spend the early rounds mostly tiring their opponents out and do their best damage late. The biggest difference is that Fitch almost always does some damage, since he seems to prefer working in guard, whereas Okami finishes more guys, because he focuses on advancing position (more damage when he succeeds, less when he doesn't).

I actually think Lombard/Okami has a good chance of looking more like the Marquardt/Okami fight (Okami's most boring fight, besides the Munoz one, imo). Lombard, like Marquardt, does his best damage inside, and with his frame and judo background he's going to be really tough to take down. On the other hand it's not clear that Lombard can actually outstrike Okami if Okami can maintain distance, where he's actually very good. Okami's cardio advantage could also play a role if he can survive the first round, but that may be tough, since he's been getting rocked more often lately, and Lombard is more powerful than Marquardt.

Back