Hector Lombard VS Stun Gun on Aug 23 in China possible

Dong can win this fight if he pushes the pace like he did in his last fights and not get KTFO in first round. Lombard will gas badly and from then on Dong can dry hump him for rest of the fight or even stand because Lombard will lose his KO power.

All comes down to first round, if Dong survives I favor him to win. Gonna be a crazy fight, can't wait!

Really thought fight for DHK. These are my favorite WW's, would hate either to get finished.

The fight to make is, if Robbie wins this Saturday...

Robbie Lawler vs Matt Brown & Hector Lombard vs Dong Hyun Kim.

This sounds exactly like the Matt Brown/Erick Silva thread. Almost everyone counting out DHK already. I hope the result will turn out similarly.

DHK finishes Lombard in 3rd round!

I would love to see DHK finish Lombard but if he fights sloppy like he did against Hathaway hes doing to get KTFO

Dong can win this fight if he pushes the pace like he did in his last fights and not get KTFO in first round. Lombard will gas badly and from then on Dong can dry hump him for rest of the fight or even stand because Lombard will lose his KO power.

All comes down to first round, if Dong survives I favor him to win. Gonna be a crazy fight, can't wait!

agreed. i'd like to see him mix in the grappling , though, to tire lombard.

in any case, great fight for KDH...near home, no jet lag. he alwasy been great in asia! :D

Hope DHK KOs him. I'm ready for Lombard to get his ass kicked.

Haha can you imagine if Stun Gun knocks out Lombard? Would be crazy. However, this is the first time in a long time that I will be picking against Kim. Got Lombard here by (T)KO or decision.

Would have rather seen Lombard vs Brown, can't believe they didn't make that fight, what fucking idiots

When has Lombard ever shown signs of gassing and when has he ever relied on his grappling?

He is a beast and he goes for those wild power hooks. He kicked Okami's ass in round 3.

Dhk has looked a bit sloppy and I don't think he can take shots from Lombard like he did against Erik Silva.

Might not have made it clear...
-at the time others here on sherdog were implying he looked "gassed" against shields by slowing down the last 2 rounds and using top control to secure easy win

Fully agree dhk isn't a polished striker, but people seem to assume he's gonna get ko'd because they saw a highlight from.....3 yrs ago(come on really??), dude has over 20 fights and been in there with some heavy handed fighters.....it was 3 years ago

As far as "relying on his grappling in 5rd fights"
Hector vs storm 1 and 2 .....would be my refrence points

Back