Hector Lombard VS Stun Gun on Aug 23 in China possible

I guess the UFC wants to protect their new star "Brown" as Dana called him last week from getting KTFO by Lombard. Lombard vs. Brown should be the fight. Lombard beat Shields, and deserved Brown. Heck Matt Brown lost to Stungun before, so it would be a shame if Brown gets the title shot without avenging his lost to Stungun, or facing a legitimate top ten guy like Lombard. Lombard faced Palhares, Okami, Shields and now Stungun.

For some reason- the UFC does not want to feed a pure striker to Lombard, because they know the former Bellator Champ will KTFO guys like Brown or others, that stand and bang with him. Lombard was campaigning for the Brown fight all week. Sucks the UFC is giving him a dong instead.

Lol everyones handing lombard the win already....same people that were shitting on him a month ago for coasting in a 3rd fight are now assuming he has enough cardio to go 5rds?
LIKE lombard(really think he deserves a ts more than anyone else right now)
But
Damn sherdogs got short attention spans
Dhk- has only lost twice ffs
-He's got more than enough judo to stifle hectors td attempts
-KO power(9 ko's)
-A FIVE inch reach advantage
-A FOUR inch height advantage
-Has been fighting crazier than shit lately, HENDO-esque right hands/ spamming spinning elbows
-overall he's fought solid competetion

...Ya'll jumping the gun, this is no way a gimme, I've seen hector fight 5rds( he tends to rely on his grappling, and I don't think he's outclassing dhk there)

Someones getting ktfo

Would have prefered brown fight(hector would have HUGE advantage grappling)

They were?

I honestly don't pay much attention to that stuff. I'm surprised Lombard wanted that fight unless a win gets him a title shot. But unless someone makes a thread I see about something on Twitter I have no clue. I mainly am on here to pass down time at work but I just can't keep up with all the different social media

Yea. No disrespect to dhk, hes been on a tear. But i think a win over brown atm is somehow more meaningful. (maybe im wrong).
Moreso that brown is on a huge streak, just headlined and looked great. I realise so did dhk, but i figure the common fan would perceive brown as a more ts worthy win.

But imo dhk is a step down from shields, but to win hell likely have to do the same thing. Whereas browm, on paper, could be a highlight ko over a contender.

Poor Dong :( and sadly this wouldn't move Lombard much closer to a title shot

Dhk is the one who has been asking for this fight.

As crazy as it seems, maybe he has a chance.

Jacare vs Rockhold II, Jacare vs Kennedy II, Overeem vs Barnett, Brown vs Saffiedine, not really sure what they can do for the Fox main event.

I think it should be Brown vs Lombard and then have DHK vs Saffiedine in Macau, considering Saff just beat DHK's teammate.

JDS/Reem or JDS/Barnett is possible if JDS is healthy.

I could see JDS/Barnett being a good main event for that card.

My body is ready...

I really want DHK to win. But, man 'freakin Lombard... Jeez!

DHK via Okami if it happens!

YlUfq.png

jk, nightmare matchup for Stun Gun. would watch though!

I guess the UFC wants to protect their new star "Brown" as Dana called him last week from getting KTFO by Lombard. Lombard vs. Brown should be the fight. Lombard beat Shields, and deserved Brown. Heck Matt Brown lost to Stungun before, so it would be a shame if Brown gets the title shot without avenging his lost to Stungun, or facing a legitimate top ten guy like Lombard. Lombard faced Palhares, Okami, Shields and now Stungun.

For some reason- the UFC does not want to feed a pure striker to Lombard, because they know the former Bellator Champ will KTFO guys like Brown or others, that stand and bang with him. Lombard was campaigning for the Brown fight all week. Sucks the UFC is giving him a dong instead.

As a follow up- it should have been DHK vs. Saffiedine for the Macau card instead. Nothing is finalized yet, but i know the UFC is avoiding Brown getting KTFO by Lombard. It should be Lombard vs. Brown in the FOX card for August. Hector made the challenge last week, he campaigned all week for the fight on twitter, and it is a shame the UFC is feeding him dong instead.

Lol everyones handing lombard the win already....same people that were shitting on him a month ago for coasting in a 3rd fight are now assuming he has enough cardio to go 5rds?
LIKE lombard(really think he deserves a ts more than anyone else right now)
But
Damn sherdogs got short attention spans
Dhk- has only lost twice ffs
-He's got more than enough judo to stifle hectors td attempts
-KO power(9 ko's)
-A FIVE inch reach advantage
-A FOUR inch height advantage
-Has been fighting crazier than shit lately, HENDO-esque right hands/ spamming spinning elbows
-overall he's fought solid competetion

...Ya'll jumping the gun, this is no way a gimme, I've seen hector fight 5rds( he tends to rely on his grappling, and I don't think he's outclassing dhk there)

Someones getting ktfo

Would have prefered brown fight(hector would have HUGE advantage grappling)

When has Lombard ever shown signs of gassing and when has he ever relied on his grappling?

He is a beast and he goes for those wild power hooks. He kicked Okami's ass in round 3.

Dhk has looked a bit sloppy and I don't think he can take shots from Lombard like he did against Erik Silva.

DHK via Okami if it happens!

YlUfq.png

jk, nightmare matchup for Stun Gun. would watch though!

Good god, i knew dhk was big...

Doubt he has okamis strength to, and had the hector/yushin fight been 5 rds, hectot wouldve won imo

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/21/5740158/ufc-china-dong-hyun-kim-vs-hector-lombard-mma-news

The UFC is looking to book a big welterweight bout for Hector Lombard, but it's not the one he's been angling for.

At least for now, it looks like Hector Lombard isn't going to get the welterweight fight he wanted. The former Bellator 185-pound champion had been calling out Matt Brown on social media in hopes of snagging a fight with him, but the UFC has gone in another direction and booked him against Dong Hyun Kim on a UFC Fight Night card in Macau, China on August 23rd. UFC Tonight reported the news.

Lombard (34-4-1, 1 NC) is coming off a dominating win over Jake Shields at UFC 171 and is 2-0 overall at welterweight. Kim (19-2-1, 1 NC) has won four in a row with the last two coming by knockout. The South Korean fighter has won 10 out of his 13 UFC bouts to date.

The fight is obviously pretty important for the welterweight division, but UFC Tonight also reported that it might not be the main event. What they could be cooking up for a headliner remains to be seen, but I'd actually disappointed if Lombard vs. Kim was only a three round fight.

I love me some Dong (no homo) but I don't see how the hell he can win this fight

If thats not the main event I can definitely see Cung Le getting that spot

That's a tough matchup for DHK.

And what happens to Matt brown now? Guess he's gotta be facing Lawler/Ellenberger winner? How long is Hendricks out for?

If thats not the main event, than I know what I am doing August 23rd.

was hoping Lombard main events UFc on fox 12 vs Brown

R.I.P Stun Gun

Should be a very fun fight.

Back