Hector Lombard vs George St Pierre. How would this fight play out?

GSP would say..."Don't Blink" during the lead up
Then he would easily control him and take him down for a boring 5 round decision

GSP trashes him when he gasses in R3. Hendricks couldn't knockout GSP Lombard won't.

Could someone explain to me the key differences between Hendricks and Lombard? They seem similar enough that his fight with GSP could be just as close. With maybe a different winning result.

Lombard gasses, Hendricks hits harder. Lombard is stronger. They're similar in a sense? but not really. Only problem GSP would have is the stance, which I believe he could fix. The early storm.

And he still won those fights. With only one being close ( yes a fight that could have went either way)
He'd do just fine IMO

He can't keep taking more and more damage it adds up and if he took a similar number of significant strikes from Lombard as he has in his last 4 fights he would be unconscious. I don't even think the number really needs to be all that similar, Lombard hits hard as hell and all that damage will have made his chin worse. Lombard would KO GSP.

They would announce the fight, Lombard would have months to prepare a strategy. He and his coaches would have plenty of footage to come up with this of course.

Then REALITY hits, GSP wins 50-45, and everyone here would bitch how boring he is. Same old song and dance.

Holy shit, GSP only took 488 shots during his entire career? Some boxers take that many punches during one fight!

Wow.

Yeah he's done a great job of not getting hit much with big shots, he's up there with Fedor who got hit even less but he took nearly half of all of the big shots he's taken in his career in his last 4 fights. Lombard is a traditional southpaw who is good at shutting down the jab like Lawler and Hendricks, he IMO hits harder and he is hard as hell to take down and control, especially at WW. His stand up is way better than people think, he's one of the few fighters I've seen using hand traps to set up big punches.

I don't see GSP beating him at this stage in his career, a few years ago I would likely have GSP as the favorite but not now.

50-45 due to cardio, wrestling and judo canceling out in the first few rounds then Lombard stamina is tested.

Back