Hector Lombard vs George St Pierre. How would this fight play out?

it would be serra 2 or gsp taking him out late in the 4/5 via superior wrestling.

GSP ends up holding Hector's pocket & wearing lipstick for the rest of his life.

Guys in this thread got jokes.

"GSP would probably finish him in the later rounds"! Right...

Hector would use his strength, judo, and quick heavy hands to win the first 3 rounds. Then he slows down and gives up the last 2 and steals a decision.

I think Hector is too slow and his cardio too suspect to threaten GSP for more than a round. 50-45 GSP.

Well said. Hector is the same age as GSP. At any point in time over the last 10 years, all Hector had to do to make this fight happen was enter the UFC, earn a shot, and step on the scale at 170lbs.

Where was he all that time?

gsp wouldn't last a round. lombard by KO in the first couple of minutes. it sucks that my boy stungun is gonna get matched up with him. very dangerous fight for him, but think he can pull it off if he fights extremely smart and safe.

Lol at Gsp not be able to. But DHK can.

Comon

How are people completely dismissing Lombard like he has no chance? Funny shit. Lombard is an absolute beast , and could beat any WW on any given night.

Well said. Hector is the same age as GSP. At any point in time over the last 10 years, all Hector had to do to make this fight happen was enter the UFC, earn a shot, and step on the scale at 170lbs.

Where was he all that time?

Beating up MW's? I know you're a huge GSP fan, but come on, that post is just silly

gsp's footwork and defensive wrestling prevents hector from blitzing with strikes in the early round or getting the TD and donkey konging him

GSP takes the later rounds through outpointing him

however it is interesting to see what would happen in the clinch, it may very well be that George gets muscled around or maybe even gets some air time

we'll probably never know so its moot, I would personally favor GSP if I had a gun to my head.

Could someone explain to me the key differences between Hendricks and Lombard? They seem similar enough that his fight with GSP could be just as close. With maybe a different winning result.

This fight could very well go in a similar way the fight between Lombard and Akihiro Gono went. One of my favorites of all time.

lombard's head is too big a target .. gsp will touch him with teh jab all nite ...

50-45 GSP.

The 1st round would be interesting though.

Lombard via brutal knock out.
Hector is real reason Georgey retired in the first place imo

Lombard vs Prime GSP?

Lombard gets dominated.

Against GSP circa 2014? I have no idea.

Lombard most likely wins by brutal KO. GSP won't be able to get Lombard's down to LNP because of his low center of gravity. Also Lombard is 10x the striker Matt Serra is, so it would just be a matter of time.

The other alternative is the GSP keeps him out with his is very good jab. Problem is Lombard will eventually connect and when he does GSP's legs will be gone and it will be game over.

Last edited:
Back