Hector Lombard vs George St Pierre. How would this fight play out?

George weathers an early storm and uses his wrasslin to tire out Lombard en route to controversial SD.

I think Hector is too slow and his cardio too suspect to threaten GSP for more than a round. 50-45 GSP.

GSP darting in and out doing jabs like vs Koscheck 2 & BJ 2, but GSP hasn't done that since coming back from knee injury.

Hector feels him out for a round and then finishes it early in the second

I predict wasteland.

1355718411391.jpg

Lombard tends to mentally quit when he cannot enforce his gameplan. GSP is the worst matchup for him.

I'm Joe Rogan for a few seconds:

Hector is going to gas out. He's got big muscles. These less athletic guys don't have the strength or power, but they have the endurance.

Don't worry about the fact that Hector is winning every minute of the fight, it's only a matter of time before he gasses out. See, look at him, all he's doing is laying there. When he fights a good fighter, they're going to exploit that.

What we're seeing is Hector really can't keep a pace. Those big muscles get him tired too quickly.

3 rd i can see him getting a dec, or KO.

Hector either finishes him early or Georges wins SD win. Then sherdog explodes with GSP didn't win threads.

post acl gsp, gsp UD
pre acl gsp, gap UD

you can't take Lombard over gsp and actually be serious

gsp wouldn't last a round. lombard by KO in the first couple of minutes. it sucks that my boy stungun is gonna get matched up with him. very dangerous fight for him, but think he can pull it off if he fights extremely smart and safe.

gsp wouldn't last a round. lombard by KO in the first couple of minutes. it sucks that my boy stungun is gonna get matched up with him. very dangerous fight for him, but think he can pull it off if he fights extremely smart and safe.

so you think DHK can win a smart fight, but GSP cant?

Back