Hector Lombard never been finished

He's only just started fighting decent opposition, his time will come now he's not fighting bums. :)

Not exactly faced a murderers row of opponents though has he?

Plus I'd argue his real weakness isn't a lack of chin/sub defence but a lack of heart, put him under pressure and he gets too defencive.

He didn't face the cans UFC fans think he did. He basically fought the best MWs available out of UFC (ex UFC lot of them), destroying the most.

Lombard has weaknesses, but not the one that you pointed. Actually he doesn't have problems with guys that pressure him, but he doesnt' know to deal with fighters with good footwork that outstrike him from the outside or fighters that just wait to counter him.
Even Okami outstriked him during the most part of their fight, just with footwork and jabs, and some knee here and there.

Last edited:
Ragdolling Shields like he did is in my eyes his greatest performance to date. And he is doing it a the toughest divison he ever competed in. Needless to say im on the hype train.

I have been saying it for a while... Hector is the best WW in the UFC. If he does not decline (he is not a youngster) he will be the champ.

Rory's not touching that belt

I agree and disagree with you. Currently he couldnt reach top 3. But theres no telling where he could be in 4 years if he continues to improve. He really could end up like dominick cruz (minus the injury).

Ragdolling Shields like he did is in my eyes his greatest performance to date. And he is doing it a the toughest divison he ever competed in. Needless to say im on the hype train.

When Jake got ahold of him I thought we're gonna see a reprise of the Woodley fight and that Shields will just hold him against the fence for 15 minutes. Then HOLY SHIT!

LombardShieldThrow.gif

Jake_Shields_vs._Hector_Lombard_5hl.gif

UFC171-ShieldsXLombard-Rd-2b-sg.gif

The UFC doesn't want him as champ, because they are stupid.

That is really an impressive feat considering how light the gloves are.

War Lombard.

Lombard is a pimp, straight gangsta wouldnt wanna run into that guy in a dark alley

Gumby has only been KO'd twice in 110 fights. The dude was fighting at HW/LHW most of his career... And he's a MW, tops.

he fought alot of cans before coming ufc some where good but most were cans

Back