Heavyweights that should be in UFC

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
OLD OUTDATED POST

I want to dedicate this thread to HW division and focus on talented HW fighters that should be in UFC.

(POST YOUR SUGGESTIONS!)

Since I am Russian, I am most familiar with Russian MMA scene and Russian fighters. I have 3 undefeated Russian prospects in mind that have beat some legit opposition and that I think deserve a shot in the UFC, especially considering that UFC wants to break in to the Russian market.

At the moment the only Russian HW prospect in UFC is Volkov, I believe that these 3 are at least as good if not better then Volkov (even though Volkov has really improved during his time in the UFC).

1. Vitaliy Minakov - Record: 21 - 0 (12 KOs, 7 Sub, 2 Dec)
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Vitaly-Minakov-63046
20140404105327_1DX_9785.JPG

Vitaliy is 4x Sambo World Champion, former Bellator HW champion that left the organization because they couldn't agree about the contract. This guy already has a good fan-base in Russia and an impressive record, with victories against some fighters that the fans in U.S. should be familiar with. At 33 years of age this man is in his prime and needs to get at shot in the UFC. Here is his fight with Bigfoot Silva:

2. Sergey Pavlovich - Record: 12 - 0 (9 KOs, 0 Sub, 3 Dec
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Sergey-Pavlovich-184051
20170729103338_IMG_4296.JPG

Sergey is 26 years old and currently Fight Nights HW champion with an undefeated record. This guy is physical specimen with an impressive 9 KOs in 12 fights. He is training in Khabib Nurmagomedov's Eagles MMA and was with him at AKA during his camp for Barboza fight. Sergey was at that time preparing for his title fight with Krill Sidelnikov (remember a guy they used to call baby Fedor).

3. Ivan "Ural Hulk" Shtyrko - Record: 13 - 0 (5 KOs, 4 Sub, 4 Dec)
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ivan-Shtyrkov-200139
1477897297img.jpg

Ivan is 29 year old currently fighting at 205 LHW, but has gone up and taken multiple fights in HW division. Ivan is a master of sport in sambo and has multiple Russian Championship medals in Sambo. He has beaten some former UFC fighters as well: Jeff Monson, Ricco Rodriguez, Bigfoot Silva, Rodney Wallace, Philip De Fries. If he gets a chance in the UFC I think he should stick to 205, mostly because of his height (only 180 cm, 6'0'') that makes him a bit to small for the HWs in the UFC.

UPDATE:

He has already received an offer from UFC and declined, saying that he's not ready (which raises suspicions of doping). Even people in the comments say that he will not pass USADA.
I think that a person should be considered innocent until proven guilty and this guy has never been caught. Meanwhile there are several fighters in UFC that have been caught multiple times.

Do you know of any talented HWs that should get at shot in UFC? (Post info and footage is avaliable)

Last edited:
Adam Dyczka fighting for TKO in Montreal. I know he hasn't proven himself against recognizable names yet, but he”s 6-0 with all wins by ko/tko.

26 yo, 6’4” 265 lbs.

Just curious to see how he would do in the UFC.

Adam Dyczka fighting for TKO in Montreal. I know he hasn't proven himself against recognizable names yet, but he”s 6-0 with all wins by ko/tko.

26 yo, 6’4” 265 lbs.

Just curious to see how he would do in the UFC.

Do you have any highlights?

What makes you think that? Volkov is top 5 in the rankings now. I would bet some serious money that Minakov beats Volkov
He already beat him, to be precise.
Of 3 fighters you listed I think we may see Pavlovich in UFC.

Do you have any highlights?
Sorry, super slow connection here so i gave up on youtube, but I’m sure it’s out there.

His nickname is kungfu panda,

His Sherdog record shows 7-0, but the TKO official record is 6-0 1 NC. In his Last fight in Dec he won the TKO belt, but He tested positive for marijuana so his win was overturned to NC.

Sorry, super slow connection here so i gave up on youtube, but I’m sure it’s out there.

His nickname is kungfu panda,

His Sherdog record shows 7-0, but the TKO official record is 6-0 1 NC. In his Last fight in Dec he won the TKO belt, but He tested positive for marijuana so his win was overturned to NC.
@Sonny Qc do you have more info on Adam Dyczka?

I want to dedicate this thread to HW division and focus on talented HW fighters that should be in UFC.

(POST YOUR SUGGESTIONS!)

Since I am Russian, I am most familiar with Russian MMA scene and Russian fighters. I have 3 undefeated Russian prospects in mind that have beat some legit opposition and that I think deserve a shot in the UFC, especially considering that UFC wants to break in to the Russian market.

At the moment the only Russian HW prospect in UFC is Volkov, I believe that these 3 are at least as good if not better then Volkov (even though Volkov has really improved during his time in the UFC).

1. Vitaliy Minakov - Record: 21 - 0 (12 KOs, 7 Sub, 2 Dec)
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Vitaly-Minakov-63046
20140404105327_1DX_9785.JPG

Vitaliy is 4x Sambo World Champion, former Bellator HW champion that left the organization because they couldn't agree about the contract. This guy already has a good fan-base in Russia and an impressive record, with victories against some fighters that the fans in U.S. should be familiar with. At 33 years of age this man is in his prime and needs to get at shot in the UFC. Here is his fight with Bigfoot Silva:

2. Sergey Pavlovich - Record: 12 - 0 (9 KOs, 0 Sub, 3 Dec
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Sergey-Pavlovich-184051
20170729103338_IMG_4296.JPG

Sergey is 26 years old and currently Fight Nights HW champion with an undefeated record. This guy is physical specimen with an impressive 9 KOs in 12 fights. He is training in Khabib Nurmagomedov's Eagles MMA and was with him at AKA during his camp for Barboza fight. Sergey was at that time preparing for his title fight with Krill Sidelnikov (remember a guy they used to call baby Fedor).

3. Ivan "Ural Hulk" Shtyrko - Record: 13 - 0 (5 KOs, 4 Sub, 4 Dec)
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ivan-Shtyrkov-200139
1477897297img.jpg

Ivan is 29 year old currently fighting at 205 LHW, but has gone up and taken multiple fights in HW division. Ivan is a master of sport in sambo and has multiple Russian Championship medals in Sambo. He has beaten some former UFC fighters as well: Jeff Monson, Ricco Rodriguez, Bigfoot Silva, Rodney Wallace, Philip De Fries. If he gets a chance in the UFC I think he should stick to 205, mostly because of his height (only 180 cm, 6'0'') that makes him a bit to small for the HWs in the UFC. Here is his fight against Bigfoot:

Do you know of any talented HWs that should get at shot in UFC? (Post info and footage is avaliable)

USADA probably brutally decapitates the last two.

Yeah because all those guys would pass USADA testing easily

What makes you think that? Volkov is top 5 in the rankings now. I would bet some serious money that Minakov beats Volkov
Minikov looks sloppy now and out of shape. Volkov gets him in the re match. Volkov has gotten better Minikov has gotten much worse.

Minikov looks sloppy now and out of shape. Volkov gets him in the re match. Volkov has gotten better Minikov has gotten much worse.

Well he beat him once already. Sloppy or not, Minakov is 4 x Sambo World Champion, Bellator HW Champion... I think he would give UFC top 10 a run for their money.

Back