Of the fights arising:

Hunt - Struve
Rothwell- Gonzaga
Schaub - Johnson
Mir - Cormier
Nog- Werdum
Silva -Overeem

Which one interests you the most?

I am really looking forward to all 6, and they each are meaningul fights for varying reasons.

Other fights that would be good to see in the UFC context would be:

Mitrione - Soa Palelei
Volkov - Pat Barry
Barnett - Kongo
Kharitonov - Miocic
Duffee - Peter Graham
Arlovski - Grabowski
Del Rosario - Jim Yorke

Winners if all the above and the top list encountered?

Best

Really interested in Hunto vs Struve.

Either a KO for Hunt or a sub for Struve.

Of the fights arising:

Hunt - Struve
Rothwell- Gonzaga
Schaub - Johnson
Mir - Cormier
Nog- Werdum
Silva -Overeem

All of them have their reasons, but Struve Hunt seems like a fight from a different era. Should be fun watching Struve struggle to get the fight to the ground, of course these desperate take down attempts will no doubt be sandwiched between Struve's back peddling and rushed leg kicks

Hunt - Struve for me also the fav.

I'd like to think that maybe the winner can challenge a healthy Shane Carwin for a number 1 or 2 contender ranking.

Hunt v Nelson is a fight I'd also like to see....

Hunt Struve for sure. Will be interesting to see if Struve tries to stand. Maybe pull of a Semmy.

I'm not all that interested in these fights in and of themselves, but I am very interested in their implications. If Hunt KOs Struve, I have a strong feeling we see him and JDS, and that's a fight I would LOVE to see. If Overeem beats Bigfoot we'll see him and Cain which will also be very interesting, and as long as Werdum beats Nog then we'll see him vs. Cain/Overeem which is also an interesting fight. Mir-Cormier will definitely be an interesting fight, but if Cormier moves to 205 then it doesn't affect the HW landscape all that much.

Nog vs Werdum II

I think Werdum will blow Nog up, but it should be interesting at least.

Nog Werdum II and Reem Bigfoot.

Hunt is a dark horse, because he would get wrecked by guys like Alistair (again), or Nog/Werdum, but he is a nightmare fight if he gets matched up against JDS, which could fast track him to the title.

I don't think he would be able to beat Nog, Werdum, Reem or Bigfoot, style wise though.

BGDDYKWL.....very true in their implications, which can modify the landscape.

I like not only top level but lower tier guys, Monson (at this stage anyway), Grove, Wain, Palelei, Minakov etc and would love to see some sort of mini tournament with them pitched to enter the UFC or in the UFC itself.

The sport is growing and so are the fighters, so no doubt Joe Silva will be looking to develop his talent with has provision for seeing fighters leave and re-enter the octagon.

The division, although potentially dominated seemingly by 4 or 5 main contenders, is quite deep.

Last edited:
Of the fights arising:

Hunt - Struve
Rothwell- Gonzaga
Schaub - Johnson
Mir - Cormier
Nog- Werdum
Silva -Overeem

I am really looking forward to all 6, and they each are meaningul fights for varying reasons.

Other fights that would be good to see in the UFC context would be:

Mitrione - Soa Palelei
Volkov - Pat Barry
Barnett - Kongo
Kharitonov - Miocic
Duffee - Peter Graham
Arlovski - Grabowski
Del Rosario - Jim Yorke

Winners if all the above and the top list encountered?

Best

They are all good,but the one I want to see is Bigfoot and the Demolition Man get it on.

I'm pumped for all of these, especially Big Nog and Verdum and Overeem of course.

Barry vs kongo 2
Jds vs Overeem if reem loses is not Jds vs Hunt if he wins
Nelson vs Miocic

Always fun rooting against Mir... and knowing that even though he's likely (hopefully) to get his face knocked in, there's always a chance he takes a limb home with him, too.

Reem/Bigfoot is the one I'm waiting for the most, hoping that it will lead to Reem/Cain

and then Mir/Cormier, where I'm hoping Mir will pull it off.

Badly want Ubereem to win and see him fight for the title

Cormier vs Mir should be pretty interesting too

The return of the Reem and Mark hunt. Hope they can make the Mark hunt v.s. JDS fight come to fruition or definitely the Cain v.s. Reem fight after Reem dominated bigfoot. Or maybe a rematch between Werdum and JDS if Werdum can get pass Nog.

Back