Heavyweight Prospects?

Saw some of his fights on youtube. He's got nice power and he throws decent combos too. He just rips to the body and follows with an upper cut.

Any word on when we'll see him in action again?

He has had some health problems, I think some type of heart condition, he also does not have the best size. In two weeks he faces this guy Fernely Feliz, should be able to go a few rounds and give us a better idea of his potential. Feliz is a solid top 100ish boxer.

Andrzej Wawrzyk.
21 years old, 6'5.
13-0 w/ 8 KOs.

Recently beat Bonin via UD.
Haven't seen him fight but read some older posts on boxingscene.

Anyone familiar with him?

One guy was saying he has no power and will make no difference at Heavy.

Also,
Bowie Tupou has another fight coming up in March (13th)...against Danny Batchelder 25-6 (12KOs).

Anyone more familiar with Danny? Could you tell me if this is a step in the right direction for Bowie?

My two faves

Denis Boystov, he's 23, 24-0, and just destroyed Israel Garcia, Denis Boytsov

Bermane Stiverne, 17-1, 30, has huge power, and beat Robert Hawkins last night, heard he could have a step up fight against TOS soon, Bermane Stiverne

Jeremiah Graziano.

New pro, only 2 fights so far both ending in 2 KOs (they're on YouTube), debut was late Oct 2008.
Have to wait and see.

6 feet, 210 lbs solid. 21 years old. Heavyweight power. Mike Tyson influence.
Been boxing since 2006.
MeBig posted about him somewhere.

I would like to see Wladimir fight Povetkin down the road maybe like two years from now. Povetkin seems like he has pretty good talent, he just doesn't have enough experience. I could be a pretty big fight I think if it was just held off for Povetkin to get like 5 more wins under his belt.

Thought I'd bump this thread.
themmaGoon posted about David Rodriguez and it got me thinking about heavyweight prospects.
Wonder if we have any to add or remove.

Interested in what's up with this guy still:
Omran Awadi

11-0 w/ 11KOs.
The competition doesn't jump out at you. But 11 wins all by KO is at least promise.
But, he hasn't fought since 2002. Oddly enough, he would still only be about 28 years old.

I see there's a myspace and facebook account by a guy with the same age and same name. Maybe I'll drop a message.

This July 4th we have a huge match up between Eddie Chambers and Alexander Dimentko. Winner will get a title shot, and its about time that Dimentko has been tested. Last time Chambers was in this position he came up a bit short against Potvitkin, lets see if he won't make the same mistake twice.

Looking forward to that one too.
Curious to see what Dimitrenko has to offer against a guy like Chambers.
And I'm curious to see how sincere Chambers was when he said he can offer the fans much more after his eh performance against Peter. I liked that Chambers was able to land clean and at times had some great combos. But I want to see him more consistent. Put a guy away.

Another prospect: Mario Preskar, is having one of his more busier years.
Which is nice to see. Heard alot about this guy years back and here he is starting to finally do more.

3rd fight for 2009 against lightly tested Maksym Pedyura.

Seems like he should be older, but Preskar is only 25years old.

The winner of Dimitrenko vs Chambers, and Povetkin are just not ready for the Klitschkos. I rather not see a Trinidad vs Vargas situation where the prospect is just ruined because he was not ready for the best fighter.

Has anyone actually seen Bowie Tupou fight?
I've heard alot. Power punching Tongan. A taller David Tua (Samoan.... but eh, close enough).

Certainly alot of youtube videos of the guy being talked to.

If anyone has seen him, what are your thoughts?

Hey,
I was able to get in contact with Omran Awadi on facebook.
Very nice guy.
Said that his career ended because of a car accident. And it was just recently that he finally is out of therapy.

Also got in touch with Jevon Langford and he said that he is going to be dedicated to the sport.
Had somethings going on in his life that were sidetracking his career.
But he's got stuff in the works.

Back