Heavyweight match that could help

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
... the division get more interesting:

Chris Arreola v David Rodriguez. Rodriguez is 28-0 (26KOs) (thanks to Bostonmma for mentioning him in another thread).

I really liked the Arreola v Witherspoon fight. Might not have been the cleanest fights.... but finally two heavies working at a high output, throwing and landing.... fighting like they gave a damn.

Rodriguez is real slow, and has rightfully been babied. Witherspoon should face either Ray Austin or the Barrett/Fields winner.

Can't believe I already forgot his name, but who was the other Samoan heavyweight prospect?

I don't think there are any HW matches that need to be made between two Americans right now.

Who would you guys pick in a Tua/Peter match up?

Tua can take a beating and Peter leaves himself open when he's giving one.
Considering how Vlad had Peter rocked and McCline had Peter dropped, I'd have to give that one to Tua.

I like Tua over Peter. Don't want the "jump the gun" on that match though. Tua will have to get thru Arreola and it sounds like Vitali and Peter will be this fall also. I'll take Vitali in that one(even with his years of inactivity)

Two must make matches right now at Heavy:
Tua-Arreola.
Monte Barrett-David Haye.

If Tua has any of the "old Tua" left in him Arreola would be done early. Too slow with his delivery and leaves himself open way too much. Arreola only can fight one way, going foward aggressively looking to pound somebody and that is the absolute wrong way to fight Tua. Since I'm a big Tua fan, and hope he can get himself together, I'd pick Tua KO3.

Barrett would be the perfect test for Haye. Haye talks a big game, and an inshape and focused Barrett is a dangerous but beatable guy. I'm not sold on Haye's durability, and IMO if he doesn't catch Barrett and get rid of him early ala Couser, he either wears down or gets caught and stopped mid fight. leaning towards Barrett by TKO7.

Nothing involving Chris Arreola or Monte Barrett should be a "must-make" match.

tua doesn't have that "oh s(&*^" jab to give arreola problems.

Back