Heavyweight is the most overrated division of all time.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
people act like heavyweight is some untouchable division that stands above the lower weights with titans and giants who punch like iron fisted superheros.

But let us look at the facts.

Rumble Johnson started at WW and was able to beat Arlovski at heavyweight.

vitor belfort fought at MW and is 4 and 1 at HW. his only loss being against couture, not a natural HW.

Couture himself was a natural LHW and has had arguably more success at HW than he did at LHW.

Daniel Cormier was undefeated at HW, with his only loss being at LHW along with the only adversity he has faced being at LHW, not HW.

Overeem was struggling at LHW until he started eating horsemeat, went to HW, and went on a crazy win streak as well as a k-1 championship.

The honest truth is that LHW has been a better division than HW forever, as well as MW.

Not to mention, HW division isn't a real heavyweight. it has a CAP. A true Heavyweight division has NO cap.

1. Did Rumble ever successfully weigh in at 170 doe?
2. lol aight, yeah back when most heavies weighed under 230
3. so what?
4. Thats cause DC fought the greatest LHW of all time and never fought best of the best HW (tho he does have good wins)
5. He also evolved as a fighter and still hasn't held the strap, but whatev
LHW is shallow as fuck, HW is better than it for the last several years

You've been owned, Cooch out

Rumble got destroyed by rich Clementi and Josh Koscheck. They fucking stomped him.

He clearly functions better at a heavier weight, arlovski was also cheated in that fight. You clearly haven't watched it. Not to mention Arlovski is handily finished by HW that can connect clean. Rumble doesn't have that vicious HW power that Stipe or Overeem have. Rumble would get destroyed at HW. There is a reason he cuts to avoid that division. It's not because he enjoys dehydrating his body.

Cormier fought jones dehydrated and at LHW, not at HW.

Overeem is obviously much better at 265 when not dehydrating himself to make 205.

There's a reason guys fight at 205 and not 265. Because they don't want 6'5, 250 Werdum's foot in their throat or 300lbs Mark Hunt smashing their face in.

You don't dehydrate yourself to fight in a lower division because you're a hero. You do it because you are afraid of competing at a higher weight class because you have a higher chance of losing.

I've never felt heavyweights were the best, only the heaviest.

I do hate Nickelback though.

Even though HW is shallow, I love watching the big guys because of dem heavy hands.

Top 10 HWs are the most difficult fighters in the world to beat.

Some of the LHWs could compete at HW, but the power difference is pretty real just looking at the stats. Guys like Gus, Bader and even Jones would likely struggle at HW, only those LHWs with either extreme power or very strong wrestling takedowns (ie. things that smaller fighters within weight classes usually need to succeed) would be able to hang well at HW.

didn't Rumble mention being apprehensive about fighting at HW again after the Arlovski fight though, even with his insane power he couldn't put away glass jaw Arlovski

HW fighters may not be the prettiest to look at but the fact is they're the best fighters in the world

someone like Travis Browne could obliterate the entire LW top 10 in one night

1. Did Rumble ever successfully weigh in at 170 doe?
2. lol aight, yeah back when most heavies weighed under 230
3. so what?
4. Thats cause DC fought the greatest LHW of all time and never fought best of the best HW (tho he does have good wins)
5. He also evolved as a fighter and still hasn't held the strap, but whatev
LHW is shallow as fuck, HW is better than it for the last several years

You've been owned, Cooch out

arlovski is a hw, rumble beat him. he isn't a natural HW.

dc won a hw tourney and beat barnett, a GOOD BIGFOOT, and mir and nelson. He has a loss at LHW, not HW. Jones is not a HW.

Reem has held a title at HW in dream, never at LHW.

GTFO of my thread u fool.

Heavyweight is a joke

HW has been my favourite division but yeah it has been real sucky lately. It's been ruined by horse meat eaters like Brock and Reem. plus Cain being igured and fighting once a year doesn't help..

LHW is kinda of crap at the moment too since JBJ is out of action.

didn't Rumble mention being apprehensive about fighting at HW again after the Arlovski fight though, even with his insane power he couldn't put away glass jaw Arlovski

HW fighters may not be the prettiest to look at but the fact is they're the best fighters in the world

someone like Travis Browne could obliterate the entire LW top 10 in one night

if HW's are the best fighters in the world how come couture won the HW title as a natural HW.

how come fat cormier did better at HW than at LHW?

I think what people fail to understand is that mechanically you must fight differently at such a size. Guys like Mighty Mouse and Mcgregor get tagged in fights with shots they can take because they aren't being hit by a 265 pound monster.

I hate seeing everyone act as if heavyweights aren't terribly skilled. They are, it's just that fighting at that size is entirely different from fighting at 155 pounds. It's almost an entirely different sport when a guy can hit you once from guard and knock you out.

Some of the LHWs could compete at HW, but the power difference is pretty real just looking at the stats. Guys like Gus, Bader and even Jones would likely struggle at HW, only those LHWs with either extreme power or very strong wrestling takedowns (ie. things that smaller fighters within weight classes usually need to succeed) would be able to hang well at HW.

Remember that before bigfoot had chin issues, cormier was the first one to KO him.

also, fedor has only ever been knocked out cold by a guy who was a natural MW

if HW's are the best fighters in the world how come couture won the HW title as a natural HW.

how come fat cormier did better at HW than at LHW?

Cormier is the defending LHW champ...

I read the most "overweight" division of all time.... got a chuckle, White Russians is my Christmas drink.

Cormier is the defending LHW champ...

I know.

He has a loss at LHW not at HW.

He was never in any dnager when fighting at HW, he has only ever been in trouble at LHW

Remember that before bigfoot had chin issues, cormier was the first one to KO him.

also, fedor has only ever been knocked out cold by a guy who was a natural MW
Yeah, smaller fighters can win, but against big HWs they're at a disadvantage that they can no doubt feel in training (especially in grappling, if the big HW gets on top of the small guy or pins him on the cage etc). If they weren't more guys who weigh 215 lbs or something would fight at HW instead of cutting to LHW or MW.

Back