Heavyweight is coming to its prime?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah yeah i know there are gonna be some pride nuthuggers here, but hey what can you do this is sherdog after all

Anyway heavyweight is looking better than ever right now, we have an all time great in stipe, murderous punchers like the sport have never seen before with ngannou and lewis and rozenstruik, pragmatic wrestlers like blaydes, super complete guys like cyril gane and tom aspinall on the upcoming and still some old legends that although shot still can put on a good show and serve as gatekeepers. Fuk even guys like tanner boser look impresive for their speed, this is the first time in a long time i can see at least 5 guys on the hw division that could become legit champions.

"murderous punchers liie the sport have never seen before"

<DisgustingHHH>

There have been many.

Last edited:
I think there's some reasons to be optimistic about the future of HW, but we'll see how it all pans out.

Reactions: HHJ
Its 2 am men, give it a break im almost sleeping
Its not the English; by all means brother, good effort as a 2nd language, no disrespect there.

It's a false startement because there have always been extremely heavy hitters at HW, and the guys you mentioned arent standout, including Ngannou, who is woefully overrated.

Last edited:
I'd put Daukaus over Boser since he's notched the better wins so far and didn't get outclassed by Arlovski.

Yeah yeah i know there are gonna be some pride nuthuggers here, but hey what can you do this is sherdog after all

Anyway heavyweight is looking better than ever right now, we have an all time great in stipe, murderous punchers like the sport have never seen before with ngannou and lewis and rozenstruik, pragmatic wrestlers like blaydes, super complete guys like cyril gane and tom aspinall on the upcoming and still some old legends that although shot still can put on a good show and serve as gatekeepers. Fuk even guys like tanner boser look impresive for their speed, this is the first time in a long time i can see at least 5 guys on the hw division that could become legit champions.
1.jpg

If 2004-2006 was the Golden Era, then I'd say 2010-2011 was the Silver Era.

January 2010

#1 Fedor Emelianenko (33)
#2 Brock Lesnar (32)
#3 Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (33)
#4 Frank Mir (30)
#5 Junior dos Santos (25)
#6 Josh Barnett (32)
#7 Brett Rogers (28)
#8 Cain Velasquez (27)
#9 Fabricio Werdum (32)
#10 Shane Carwin (34)

30.6 average age of top ten (-3.17%)
250 total ranked fighters (0%)
4 turnovers

January 2011

#1 Cain Velasquez (28)
#2 Brock Lesnar (33)
#3 Fabricio Werdum (33)
#4 Junior dos Santos (26)
#5 Fedor Emelianenko (34)
#6 Shane Carwin (35)
#7 Frank Mir (31)
#8 Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (34)
#9 Alistair Overeem (30)
#10 Josh Barnett (33)

31.7 average age of top ten (+3.6%)
250 total ranked fighters (0%)
1 turnover
Heavyweight has been dying since 2012.

Its not the English; by all means brother, good effort as a 2nd language, no disrespect there.

It's a false startement because there have always been extremely heavy hitters at HW, and the guys you mentioned arent standout, including Ngannou, who is woefully overrated.
There has always been but this 3 definetly stand out come on, lewis has the highest number of knockauts of the division history this guys are certanly something special

Pavlovich & Romanov also have bright futures. Espino is already 40 but its HW so he could be relevant for the next years if he's healthy. I also like the Brazilian that Daukus KO'd in like 45 seconds, he's young & at ATT he should reach his potential. Hardy, who has been fighting pro less than 3 years, can have a bright future if he gets a diet & loses 15-20 lbs. Even Spivak is young & improving. Tuiavsa seems to have taken things more seriously going to AKA & getting into better shape.

WAR HWs!!

There has always been but this 3 definetly stand out come on, lewis has the highest number of knockauts of the division history this guys are certanly something special

Cain was a better wrestler than Blaydes, Carwin hit harder than Frank, and J-Roz is a jobber... HW is a grim wasteland with the one shining light being Gane...

We had Brocktobers to look forward to, Fedor vs Crocop, Mark Kerr sized monster smeshing mortals.

Its a sorry state these days.

There's nothing overrated about ngannou. He's the hardest hitterand one of the freakiest heavyweight in mma history.

Not even close to prime but it is getting more interesting recently. Stipe finally fighting someone other than DC for the first time in over THREE FUCKING YEARS, Blaydes/Lewis last weekend, Gane/Rozenstruik this weekend, Volkov looking pretty good, Aspinall and Dakaus looking like decent prospects, Jones (allegedly) coming up etc.

Nope, there hasn't been a HW that has a moniker of a Mixed Martial Artist in the HW division since DC retired. If Jon Jones is jet set on fighting at HW than he's the next HW that actually has overall skill other than punching power that the rest of the HWs seem to rely on.

HW Fighters of this generation are horrible, they literally have no skill when it comes to overall MMA. Randy Couture cryptid ass has more skill than these this generation

Back