Heavy Gear Assault - Insane robotic MMA!

I don't know, I love mech games, this one looks very 'colorish' and simple in its design also nothing in gameplay seems that innovative or original, what set it appart from say Hawken?

Not bashing on the game, genuine question.

Though I don't care as long as it's fun, however in the videos it seemed pretty basic tbh

I don't know, I love mech games, this one looks very 'colorish' and simple in its design also nothing in gameplay seems that innovative or original, what set it appart from say Hawken?

Not bashing on the game, genuine question.

Though I don't care as long as it's fun, however in the videos it seemed pretty basic tbh

Hawken is an arcade game, this is a fast paced mech combat simulation. For example, every single part (down to individual fingers) of the mechs (gears) are destructible. You can customize each mech, down to servos and hydraulics, which will affect combat performance. In addition to the hundreds of customizable guns you can fit, there will be deep melee combat. You can literally rip off the arm or leg of your opponent and beat them to death with it. Other players can watch tournament fights and sponsor players that are very good (and bet on matches). You will also have sponsorship deals, pit crews you can hire, etc. Each mech moves with real physics. You can even see your pilot in the mech if your cockpit is blown off. You can actually get outside your mech and do mission related stuff, where you are as vulnerable as an ant. No other mech game offers this kind of combat depth.

Check out the developer interview I posted in an earlier comment in this thread. Watching the gameplay does not do it justice. Playing it is a totally different ballgame.

There really isn't a lot of media or community going for this game so far. It just doesn't see a solid community management plan coming from them.
There are a few recent vids but there is still a lot of 2013 stuff floating around near the top of every search too.

Compared to most other newer games where you can seriously say to just go watch twitch.

Hawken is an arcade game, this is a fast paced mech combat simulation. For example, every single part (down to individual fingers) of the mechs (gears) are destructible. You can customize each mech, down to servos and hydraulics, which will affect combat performance. In addition to the hundreds of customizable guns you can fit, there will be deep melee combat. You can literally rip off the arm or leg of your opponent and beat them to death with it. Other players can watch tournament fights and sponsor players that are very good (and bet on matches). You will also have sponsorship deals, pit crews you can hire, etc. Each mech moves with real physics. You can even see your pilot in the mech if your cockpit is blown off. You can actually get outside your mech and do mission related stuff, where you are as vulnerable as an ant. No other mech game offers this kind of combat depth.

Check out the developer interview I posted in an earlier comment in this thread. Watching the gameplay does not do it justice. Playing it is a totally different ballgame.

Now that sounds reaaaally interesting, I like that kind of depth, will check out more on the matter. Thank you

Back