Heavy clothing while training muay thai?

milkcarton

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't know where this thread would fit but seeing as I do this while I train muay thai I figured it'd go here, lol. Who else here trains with two shirts on and a jumper to cut more bodyfat while training? I find for me it works, anyone else? I know alot of people run in a Sauna Suit even while they aren't cutting weight just to burn bodyfat so its easier come fight time.

What about you? ^_^

The pros at my gym will do that sometimes, when a fight is coming up, but not all the time.

We use to wear sweats and jackets during wrestling conditioning whne we were trying to cut a few pounds. But that didn't really help cut body fat, we just used it to start a sweat faster, and then keep it. There isn't really a point in losing a whole bunch of water weight every time you train, when you're going to regain it all by the next morning.

You'll just get way hotter, sweat more, and elevate your heart rate more. All things that could be achieved by just working harder. If you want a better workout (which will burn more fat), work harder. Only wear layers when you need to cut.

well everything's already been said already in this thread so yeah - training with additional layers of clothing on to sweat more while not cutting weight for a fight, is pretty pointless (unless I dunno it's mental conditioning to make yourself tougher?)

I can't think of a reason why that would burn more calories.

I heard that its actually better to train with light clothes or no shirt for normal practice, and only using sweats when you are trying to cut water weight for a fight. Your body will get used to training in hot clothing eventually, which will make losing those last few water pounds before a competition even more difficult. I've never had to cut weight, though, so don't take it from me.

As for training in sweats or sauna suits, they don't actually burn fat, just water weight

well everything's already been said already in this thread so yeah - training with additional layers of clothing on to sweat more while not cutting weight for a fight, is pretty pointless (unless I dunno it's mental conditioning to make yourself tougher?)

I can't think of a reason why that would burn more calories.

this

you wont burn any more fat this way. But i guess you dehydrate faster.

I don't know where this thread would fit but seeing as I do this while I train muay thai I figured it'd go here, lol. Who else here trains with two shirts on and a jumper to cut more bodyfat while training? I find for me it works, anyone else? I know alot of people run in a Sauna Suit even while they aren't cutting weight just to burn bodyfat so its easier come fight time.

What about you? ^_^

That clear salty liquid that comes out of your skin is not fat, mmmkay?

If sweating more helped you could just live in a sauna until you were at 6% bodyfat.

Do people ask questions or look at you weirdly when you're wearing all that clothing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back