Heaviest Hands In Every UFC Division In 2021

Lewis has better accuracy/boxing. Like an accurate Shotgun or highpower rifle.

Ngannou hits you any way, and you go down. Like a hand grenade. If it gets anywhere near you (or your chin,) you're F'ed.

Lewis can use his crisper (is that a word?) technique to beat Ngannou; but it'll be interesting to see what happens if Ngannou decides to stick and move then clinch and tire out Lewis if he can't just KO him with one or two shots.

Ngannou has better and more crisp boxing punching technique than Lewis easily. Better timing than Lewis as well. Lewis has literally no advantage whatsoever as everything he can do well ngannou can do better.

Having the heaviest hands and getting your ass beat aren't mutually exclusive.

I always love seeing the logic pop up of "A knocked out B, so A punches harder," even though that clearly makes no fucking sense.

It's a weird metric to measure in real time, cuz you don't know how the timing or accuracy of the punch added to the perceived power, or how much they committed to it.

Plus, you gotta measure equal punches. I assume most people were rating guys like Hendricks, Lombard, and Woodley as the best when they were sending guys flying across the octagon. But they were doing a full crow hop into an overhand like they were trying to reach home plate from center field. In comparison, guys like Lawler and prime Ellenberger could throw like a small lead hook from their shoulder and drop even the most iron of chins. Totally different kinds of punches to try and compare

It seems to take Francis a few shots to knock someone out, but we have seen Derrick Lewis concuss too many guys with a single punch to not put him atop HW. Francis may have heavier hands but we have to see more to conclude that.

The only real one shot knockout I recall is Overeem

KOs that immediately leave the opponent unconscious

1. Overeem
2. Rozenstruik
3. Miocic
4. Henrique

KOs that drop the opponent and leave him dazed but apparently still conscious and subjected to follow up blows without beig able to defend himself

1. Blaydes
2. Velasquez
3. Dos Santos
4. Arlovski
5. Blaydes

Ngannou has better and more crisp boxing punching technique than Lewis easily. Better timing than Lewis as well. Lewis has literally no advantage whatsoever as everything he can do well ngannou can do better.

That's a possibility.
Ngannou's fights are so short. Maybe I'm missing something.
We have seen him swing quite wildly in the past, though.

Ngannou
Volkan
Kelvin?
Woodley
Gaethje
Stephens
Font
Fig honorable lineker

Nunes
?
?

lol at sherdog thinking Lewis hits harder/will beat Ngannou again. Where did this infatuation come from haha.

Ngannou just needs to touch you, whilst Lewis throws his all. And just like for Stipe, Lewis has no chance in the rematch, I can almost guarantee. Those who think otherwise are still underestimating Ngannou's improvements.

HW: Francis. Black Beast honorable mention.
LHW: Jiri. Hands seem heavy as fuck. He killed Volkan. Also Thiago Santos. Polish Power honorable mention.
MW: Perhaps Cannonier?
WW: Usman deserves a mention. Abdul Razak Al-Hassan and Khaos Williams hit insanely hard when they land, but they are not very good overall. Still heavy as hell hands tho.
LW: Chandler and Gaethje. Stephens as a mention for the lols, because he KO'd a guy with a shove.
FW: Emmet or GTFO.
BW: Cody & Yan.
FLW: Figs.

Women's FW: Lol.
WBW: Amanda.
W FLW: Andrade if we count her as FLW or I guess nobody.
WSW: Marina Rodriguez maybe?

Last edited:
Lewis might actually have "heavier hands" than Ngannou (which is why his power lasts into later rounds), while Ngannou's power comes from his speed and long arms, so when he's gassed they're basically noodles compared to how they are in round 1.

Francis
Jan
Cannonier
Lawler
Gaethje
Stephens
Yan

lhw is either santos volkan or jiri i haven t even se walker drop anyone with punches

Suga Sean, Yan
Chandler and Gaethje
Gilbert Burns
Jan, Santos, Jiri

HW: Francis. Black Beast honorable mention.
LHW: Jiri. Hands seem heavy as fuck. He killed Volkan. Also Thiago Santos. Polish Power honorable mention.
MW: Perhaps Cannonier?
WW: Usman deserves a mention. Abdul Razak Al-Hassan and Khaos Williams hit insanely hard when they land, but they are not very good overall. Still heavy as hell hands tho.
LW: Chandler and Gaethje. Stephens as a mention for the lols, because he KO'd a guy with a shove.
FW: Emmet or GTFO.
BW: Cody & Yan.
FLW: Figs.

Women's FW: Lol.
WBW: Amanda.
W FLW: Andrade if we count her as FLW or I guess nobody.
WSW: Marina Rodriguez maybe?

Why Emmet over Jeremy. They fought before

Obviously not basing it on his 2021 fights but I still think Woodley might be the hardest hitter at 170.

Honestly my time perception is so bad I almost mentioned Ellenberger.

Heavyweight : Ciryl Gane
L/ H/Weight : Jan Błachowicz
Middleweight : Paulo Costa
: Khamzat Chimaev
Welterweight : Vicente Luque
: Khamzat Chimaev
Lightweight : Michael Chandler
: Justin Gaethje
F/Weight : Alexander Volkanovski
: Dan Ige
Bantamweight : Petr Yan
Flyweight : Deiveson Figueiredo