1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Heatseekers...

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by amboxer94, Jul 2, 2010.

1. amboxer94 White Belt

To make a long story short just a few weeks ago I got a slick new pair of beautiful brown boon gloves and they have mysteriously vanished. I will be going to the US in a few eeks and will be ordering a couple boxing outfits from title and was thinking this would be a good chance to get some gloves. I was originally debating between a pair of lace-up heatseekers or a pair of thai silencers. I have now began to favour the idea of having lace up gloves. I am also now considering the lace up imf gloves from ringside. I am now in a stalemate as I cannot decide which gloves I like more. The plus of the imf's is I can get them in 16oz but the heatseekers just look soawesome! So any guidance or defining factos between the gloves would be very helpful...

2. ECS123 Purple Belt

Ok, the suspense is killing me. How did they mysteriously vanish? And, since they are not a commonly seen item, who thinks they can take someone's brown Boon gloves, and actually be able to use them without raising suspicion?

:icon_chee

3. xn7 Red Belt

gloves gone via mom-cleaned-my-room-again

4. amboxer94 White Belt

I have been training at a boxing gym for a little while, but recently since it is summer I have been looking for another place to train in the daytime. I was trying out a few jiu jitsu/kickboxing places. A few guys at one of these places seemed to have some hostility towards my boxing club. After doing a class there I left with my bag but forgot my gloves in the gym. 20 minutes later I realized this and went back to get them. But when I got there they were gone...
    I asked around and nobody said they saw them. I don't know exactly what happened to them but I have my suspicions

5. ECS123 Purple Belt

^ Well that sucks. Sorry to hear about the "missing" Boon gloves. As far as your original question, I really like the Ringside IMF Tech Training Gloves, and you can find a review that I did on mine in the G&E Reviews. "Clamp" reviewed the Heatseekers, and there should be a G&E Review for those also. A lot of people got those, and seem to be very pleased with them.

I have never had the Heatseeker's, but I believe "Clamp" has had both, and likes both. Check out the reviews, and I am sure you would not be dissappointed with either pair of gloves. The reviews should shed light on most of your questions.

:icon_chee

6. tiger.shark To the sharks!

I have two pairs of lace-up Heatseekers... just sayin...

7. amboxer94 White Belt

I think im leaning toward the heatseekers. after reading 30 pages of all good comments they seem pretty unstoppable

8. ChrisJ White Belt

I've been trying to decide between the Silencers and Heatseekers, basically a battle of price at this time. Tough seeing good reviews on both gloves, and since Silencers are quite a bit cheaper i think i'm going to go with them. :S

9. amboxer94 White Belt

Alright i have setled on the heatseekers but now cant decide wether to get an HnL converter or just keep the laces permenatly yied loose enough for my to slip in and out of. Some many chhoices :(

10. PeterPain Brown Belt

So uncommon... I'm so far the only guy in Montreal with a pair.
    I've never seen or don't even know people who would know someone with a pair beside me... just me.
    Feel good to be special.

11. muaythai7 White Belt

Did you get them from title? How was the shipping to Canada? I want a pair badly but I couldn't justify paying so much for brokerage.

12. CrazyJHL Brown Belt

I got my Heatseekers last week, they are pretty nice but they seem a little small for my hands, but I'm a big guy so it may just be me. I have the lace-up ones, and they are nicely made and aesthetically (right use of this word, lol) pleasing. In other words they look nice, and since I got mine for $30 when they were on sale I can't really complain. I think they are worth it.

13. I have both, but if I had to choose just one I'd go with the lace-up Heatseekers.

14. I use an H&L converter with mine. I'm very happy with the setup. Unfortunately Title is backordered on them for a long time as of the last update I'm aware of from Wes. You can get them from Ringside as well. Use promo code NSF1 for free shipping. Here's a link.

Ringside Glovers Assistant-www.Ringside.com