Heath Herring.

Yeah bro i think the same. Better match up is Amir vs Cain because they are both wrestling fighters

Today, Amir would get smoked by Cain. Cain fully healthy is one of the GOATS of heavyweight. It's way too soon to put Amir in that bracket of fighters he could hang with. In a year of solid training, maybe that changes.

Today, Amir would get smoked by Cain. Cain fully healthy is one of the GOATS of heavyweight. It's way too soon to put Amir in that bracket of fighters he could hang with. In a year of solid training, maybe that changes.
Hope UFC signs him sooner. I would like to see Amir against Hunt/Rothwell/Shamil Abdurakhimov/Black Beast

Hope UFC signs him sooner. I would like to see Amir against Hunt/Rothwell/Shamil Abdurakhimov/Black Beast

He trains with mark hunt, I don't know if he would fight him, he should use him to improve his stand up game. Besides, I doubt he'll be signed with UFC any time soon, and I don't think he's ready yet, nor is it a wise move for him yet, rizin has the platform for him to grow.

Shamils a bum, rothwell is another herring type of matchup where he can easily win but also succumb to the experience, and black beast would be a dangerous match if he stands with him, as of today. He can beat all of those names though, he has to use his wrestling.

He trains with mark hunt, I don't know if he would fight him, he should use him to improve his stand up game. Besides, I doubt he'll be signed with UFC any time soon, and I don't think he's ready yet, nor is it a wise move for him yet, rizin has the platform for him to grow.

Shamils a bum, rothwell is another herring type of matchup where he can easily win but also succumb to the experience, and black beast would be a dangerous match if he stands with him, as of today. He can beat all of those names though, he has to use his wrestling.
They are all good names. I like Amir. I didn't know that he trains with Hunt. Does he train in AKA Thailand? Because Hunt trains in there

How long did Heath train for this fight? Looks like a couple of months or less. After an 8 year absence, that can't be enough.

How long did Heath train for this fight? Looks like a couple of months or less. After an 8 year absence, that can't be enough.

That's not enough training of course, but it's not like he was facing an experienced veteran. Amirs lack of experience evened things out I think. You need to be a pretty special fighter to beat a vet like Heath herring after only 3 pro MMA fights, regardless of the layoff. People sleep on this and instead jump to the "ah he gassed" argument, while forgetting just how bad Heath was rag dolled in that first round. That Greco suplex was a thing of beauty.

It would be cool to see Heath win again.

That being said, I actually liked him a lot as a commentator. He was able to distract me from the pain that is Joe Warren's voice.

They say you don't even hit your physical prime until your in your early 30's. Greco roman is one of the toughest sports out there period, for the experience he has in MMA, to make the finals was a great achievement. 6 fights and he's already established a name for himself in the MMA world. The next step should be Amir inviting mousasi down to AKA Thailand, as they will both speak Farsi, or even mark hunt, he's facing overeat, and just have gegard/hunt clobber on him for a few weeks and let him find a way out. its hard to believe that a guy that big and strong doesn't have the potential to develop deadly KO power. He just needs to learn to translate the KO power into a good technical kickboxing flow, or at the very least defend strikes, and not get over anxious to finish the fight once he takes you down through the flurry of punches. Ive seen photos from mike swicks instagram and he looks in good spirits, he did just win 100k after all.

LOL... you enter physical prime at 23 and reach the peak at 25. From 25 you start to go downhill. After 28 90% of people are already out their physical prime. In sports like boxing, kickboxing and mma the fighting prime is reached somewhere at 28, though physically after 28 you are out of your prime. So at 29 of age Amir is already physically out of his prime.

LOL... you enter physical prime at 23 and reach the peak at 25. From 25 you start to go downhill. After 28 90% of people are already out their physical prime. In sports like boxing, kickboxing and mma the fighting prime is reached somewhere at 28, though physically after 28 you are out of your prime. So at 29 of age Amir is already physically out of his prime.

The stat varies, I've heard well respected pioneers and members of the MMA community state that the physical prime is your early 30's.

Nope, early to mid thirties is "Prime"

BUT, usually injuries of some sort have occured before than... but, of course, not for everyone

I would watch a rematch between AA and Herring with regular round lengths. Give Herring until April to get into proper shape or even the following show to polish up on his skills and I say he beats Aliakbari.

Back