Heath Herring was the legend in MMA

I think he would have done better against Werdum, Bigfoot and Henderson than Fedor did.

Ref poked him in the eye seconds earlier

miragliotta_eyepokefail.gif
That look on Dan's face is priceless.

I'll never forget that crazy fight against Tom Erikson.

He was outwrestled by Yamamoto. It is no wonder that he was chosen to face Brock Lesnar, who was able to control him. How Herring was able to get out from under Erikson is beyond me. I guess anything can happen.

legend? calm down, he was a mid tier fighter at best

He was outwrestled by Yamamoto. It is no wonder that he was chosen to face Brock Lesnar, who was able to control him. How Herring was able to get out from under Erikson is beyond me. I guess anything can happen.

I think those brutal back to back losses against Fedor and Cro Cop did a number on him. He never really reached that level again he was on in the early Pride days.

Heath Herring was probably my first favorite fighter. The first ppv I bought was when he fought Nog at UFC Stacked (I think 73). He nearly knocked out nog with a Headkick in the first round. That and his walkout song was epic

Heath is the legend! Come on , he might ko:d Nakao but he never cancelled a fight due to a drug test like fucking Jon Jones

You mean a one trick pony, Herring was useless without out his knees to a down oppenents

Man it was 8 years ago that Brock humiliated Herring, in that time I have pretty much just got drunk, ate KFC and smoked dope...on another note what a horrible note to retire on...I would of liked to see him go out on a victory, Heath was a cool guy.

Close to a win over Fedor? That's gotta be one of my top 5 one sided beat downs. Herring showed guts, as he always did, but Fedor smashed him.
Yeah, it's been a while since I saw the fight, but I don't remember Heath having success with any form of offense whatsoever against Fedor.

How Herring was able to get out from under Erikson is beyond me.
Determination, resolve. A lot of unpredictable things can happen when one person has more of a will to fight and not give up than the other person.

Last edited:
I remember for a while he was pretty much the consensus number 4 PRIDE guy behind Nog, Cro Cop and Fedor. Surprised to hear how young he is, it's a shame his knees were ruined.

Determination, resolve. A lot of unpredictable things can happen when one person has more of a will to fight and not give up than the other person.

It was kind of rehtorical question/comment. Herring's biggest asset was probably his conditioning. Erikson was getting up there in years for a big man and probably tiring in the fight. For years nobody wanted to face Erikson. Not Mark Coleman or anyone who was a top guy at that time.

That win really put Herring on the map.

He was going to fight Cain at 199. He would have been slaughtered. I'd like to see him fight in Rizin if healthy enough

Close to a win over Fedor? That's gotta be one of my top 5 one sided beat downs. Herring showed guts, as he always did, but Fedor smashed him.

Yeah. Fedor hit him so many times on the ground that it must have felt like he brought a friend.

I think those brutal back to back losses against Fedor and Cro Cop did a number on him. He never really reached that level again he was on in the early Pride days.

Yea thats a good observation those fights were brutal, after he injured his knee vs Greco his wrestling seemed to go down the drain too.

Back