Heartbreaking Fantasy Football Playoff Losses

BJP81

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Last night marked the conclusion of my leagues' semi-finals. The way one of the matchups went down got me thinking about if there could possibly be a worse way to be ousted from FF playoffs and lose a chance at $1,000 than what happened to this poor son of a bitch.

Team 1 had ~20 point cushion heading into monday night. Team 1 had no players left, while Team 2 had Jamison Crowder, Jonathan Stewart, and Dustin Hopkins (Redskins Kicker). Stewart is steadily racking up yards, the kicker kicks a couple FGs (and misses a PAT) and Crowder has like 2 points going into the 4th quarter.

~5 minutes left in the game, Team 1 is up by 2 points (20 yards), Panthers have the ball. Stewart buries him with a 34 yard run. Watched all game just to be buried in the last 5 minutes. Team 1 guy is relentlessly raging in our leagues group chat. Team 2 guy is bringing up hypothetical scenarios about one of his guys fumbling the ball, or some other ridiculous shit, in the last moments of the game, just to try to lighten the mood and console this poor bastard. For those who watched, you know where this is going.

So what happens? Jamison Crowder catches a short pass and fucking fumbles the ball with around a minute to go. -2 points. Team 2 was up by 1.83 POINTS. Team 1 wins by 0.17 POINTS. Jonathan Stewart had just killed this man, and Jamison Crowder came and brought the paddles out. Haven't heard from Team 2 since last night, may very well have hung himself.

Apologies for the wall of text. Felt compelled to share just to know exactly how ridiculous this scenario was. Have any of you suffered a similarly heartbreaking fantasy playoff defeat, or worse, at the hands of the football gods?

lol - My team was just crushed...

It was over before the 1st set games on Sunday were over.

something similar happened to my friend in that game but the guy he was playing had Carolina's defense and the fumble on the last play gave him the win

In my big cash/keeper/work league 3rd place game last year I won by something like 2 yards.

It was obviously week 16 and my buddy had AP going against the Giants. It was a blowout for the Vikes by the 3rd quarter and AP kept racking up points for my buddy and he slowly was closing the gap on my lead on him. It got down to the point where AP only needed like a few yards to pass me in points and he then rushes for 5 more yards and I think "fuck, I lost". This is near the end of the 3rd quarter mind you. The very next play and the last one of the 3rd quarter, AP rushes for a loss of like 3 yards and it barely puts me back in the lead. 4th quarter starts and AP gets pulled for the rest of the game.

When I talked to my buddy the next day at work he said he didn't talk to anybody for like 7 hours after that happened lmao.

I can't really remember any heartbreaking losses that mattered. I have lost in championship games and won some so I guess it balances out. My game this weekend in the same league above is again for 3rd place. 3rd place wins your money back for the entry fee.

Back