1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Hearn pleads with WBO and WBC to order Andrade-Charlo 'for the good of boxing'

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by what-wut, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Roids Brown Belt

Why do you think Canelo's manager is saying a GGG fightt in Mexico next year would be great? You think its a random thought bubble? Its obviously their plan after Makabu. I think its likely if Canelo wins those 2 fights he will just retire. I can't see him risking his legacy by continuing to fight with little to gain and lots so lose. Its clear he's more interested in his legacy than making tough legit fights to test himself, which are a serious risk to him, so I can't see him going to 175 or fighting Benavidez. Whats left?

2. Mr2urbo Black Belt

I did not know they had that in their plans, if GGG walks through Murata and looks like a vintage GGG then a third fight would interest me, but I’d rather watch Canelo-Benavidez

PUO3 likes this.
  3. Stormtrooper85 Red Belt

Yup Canelo's going from Cruiserweight to Middleweight.

4. randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

you are remarkably dense.

PUO3 likes this.
  5. aries Gold Belt

So you know that Canelo didn't struggle to make 160 when he fought Jacobs? I'm putting it forward as a perfectly valid reason for why he never went back to 160 but you think he did it to avoid fighting the terrifying Andrade? lol Yeah so he fought GGG twice, Jacobs and Kovalev instead. C'mon can you hear how crazy you sound??! Andrade is shit and has fought literally no one but here you are trying to make out the P4P #1 was ducking him. You are really delusional.

PUO3 likes this.
  6. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Canelo is fighting everyone. Including all the boogeyman and slick boxers hed supposedly lose to. Give it a rest already.

7. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

The guy obliterates better, bigger versions of Andrade but somehow is ducking Andrade. You cant make this shit up lol.

TronSpecial and aries like this.
  8. aries Gold Belt

It's blatantly ridiculous. Canelo is going to fight a CW in his next fight but 'he scurred of Andrade'

9. Roids Brown Belt

Never heard any evidence to support this, yet you are claiming he literally could no longer make 160, thats a huge claim considering Canelo proved he could fight at SM then go back down MW and fight Jacobs. The evidence directly contradicts your claim that he could no longer make 160.

Never went back? lol he already went back to fight Jacobs, see how bad faith you are by constantly trying to twist things? He was already AT 160, he just needed to stay there 1 more fight to become undisputed yet you claim he suddenly could not make 160 and had to lose the opportunity to unify the division.

The only thing that sounds crazy is simultaneously claiming Andrade is shit while defending Canelo not fighting him to become undisputed. It should have been easy pickings to become undisputed.

10. is a apple

I like how this thread became primarily about Andrade while you guys hardly give Charlo any time of day.
    For one? I'd like to see him actually go up against GGG or Canelo because he's probably going to end up getting hungry for it and we might see a different Charlo in the ring.

11. aries Gold Belt

I'm getting bored of you troll. No Canelo going up to SMW then back down to MW to fight Jacobs DOES not prove he could carry on making MW because as I suspect Canelo struggled to make 160 that time.

Andrade is no challenge to Canelo, but I'm certain making 160 IS a problem.

12. Seano Hands of bone

I've twice heard Chris Mannix call this the biggest fight in boxing history. Is this some inside joke that I don't understand?

boxingskills likes this.
  13. Old Cat Gold Belt

@Nova44
    haha. Is this the PR department of a promoter trying to portray themselves as a legitimate news source? This article was straight up comedy.

14. StopDucking Ronda Rousey hater Double Yellow Card

He's making 40 MILLION DOLLARS per fight but yeah, little to gain, no reason to even get out of bed. Lmao.

You've never worked a single day in your life, have you?

Nova44 and PUO3 like this.
  15. what-wut Brown Belt Platinum Member

David benavidez has beaten one champion his entire career, Canelo has beaten 18 yet Canelo is running scared from all these guys lol. They have fought no one and yet he never calls them out on that. It's only Canelo who's beaten 18 champions that's running.

randomg1t and PUO3 like this.
  16. Nova44 Tarnished Belt

Fill a room with banned or just delusional sherdog posters, now blindfold yourself and spin around, whoever you end up facing is qualified to write for boxingnews24.

I've heard a lot of nonsense in my life, but just knowing there are some people who genuinely believe Canelo would lose to and is actively ducking Andrade makes me worried for the future of the human race.

randomg1t, what-wut and PUO3 like this.
  17. boxingskills Training to break world records.

CM is probably trying to get a job on CNN.

18. Roids Brown Belt

Let me help you out. When you claim a fighter can no longer make 160, right after he went from 175 to 160, it sort of heavily undermines the credibility of your claim.

You are certain despite no evidence and despite Canelo or his team never making the claim you are making. lul.

19. aries Gold Belt

No what undermines your credibility is you can't even get your facts right. Canelo never went from 175 to 160. He went from 168 (Fielding) back to 160 (Jacobs). And that is the weight cut I'm claiming that he struggled with and made him not want to have to make 160 ever again.

Canelo might not have said that is the reason but it's not just me putting that opinion forward. Here is Eddie Hearn, Canelo's promoter saying the same thing. So yeah that is what a member of his 'team' is saying. Got any other stupid points you want me to shoot down?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    k1ngjester, Hagler and PUO3 like this.
  20. Roids Brown Belt

I was out a bit but my point remains. Now let me get this straight. You are claiming that despite being on the verge of becoming division undisputed, literally 1 (easy?) win away, he suddenly could no longer make 160, literally was impossible to make it? What an awfully unlucky coincidence huh? It was so impossible to make it he had to go to another division and start the process of becoming unified all over again despite only needing 1 more belt at 160. Now do you really believe this crap fiction you are peddling? I just looked at the weigh in for Jacobs and Canelo did not look drawn, he looked fine and healthy.

Imagine referencing Hearn and taking what he says seriously. He even said he was not speaking for Canelo, which basically proves my whole argument. If what you claim was true, Canelo would have made that very clear to Hearn, so he would not have needed to give the disclaimer that he does not speak for Canelo. The only reason he would say that was if he was just making shit up. GG.