Hearn pleads with WBO and WBC to order Andrade-Charlo 'for the good of boxing'

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Demetrius Andrade, the undefeated WBO middleweight world titleholder and most avoided fighter in boxing in recent years, has waited and waited and waited for a major fight but has been unable to land it. Now he is turning to the sanctioning bodies to see if they can assist his quest.

Matchroom Boxing’s Eddie Hearn, Andrade’s promoter, on Monday sent letters to WBO president Paco Valcarcel and WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman hoping to convince them to help pave the way."

https://danrafael.substack.com/p/hearn-pleads-with-wbo-and-wbc-to

So many good fighters at middleweight ducking each other but the fans can't be bothered to call them out, only obsessing over Canelo and who he is supposedly "ducking".

Lol!!!!! Nobody cares about Andrade…. Hern has failed miserably to find this guy opponents… munguia and ggg both fight on Dazn, what is holding them not to fight against them… circus

Andrade is like the kid in class who thinks everyone steers clear because they're intimidated by him, but it's actually because shit is leaking out the bottom of his pants.

Andrade is like the kid in class who thinks everyone steers clear because they're intimidated by him, but it's actually because shit is leaking out the bottom of his pants.
Andarde versus Charlo, is a bigger fight than Charlo fighting guys with no Wikipedia entry, same goes for ggg.

"Demetrius Andrade, the undefeated WBO middleweight world titleholder and most avoided fighter in boxing in recent years, has waited and waited and waited for a major fight but has been unable to land it. Now he is turning to the sanctioning bodies to see if they can assist his quest.

Matchroom Boxing’s Eddie Hearn, Andrade’s promoter, on Monday sent letters to WBO president Paco Valcarcel and WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman hoping to convince them to help pave the way."

So many good fighters at middleweight ducking each other but the fans can't be bothered to call them out, only obsessing over Canelo and who he is supposedly "ducking".
This is silly. I'm sure he could get a fight made if he made some concessions in the negotiations. He's only going to get this type of preferential treatment from sanctioning bodies once he's one of their top earners.

Big, big step up for Andrade, but it kind of makes sense. I’d rather see Charlo fight Benavidez, but it would be a good thing for the WBO MW farce to end.

i hope they fight. i'll take charlo via uppercut.

Lol!!!!! Nobody cares about Andrade…. Hern has failed miserably to find this guy opponents… munguia and ggg both fight on Dazn, what is holding them not to fight against them… circus

If GGG doesn't get the Canelo fight in Sept. he might go for it, but Mung doesn't want anything to do with it he literally turned down a WBO title shot to fight a WBC eliminator after Rosado.

I'm down to see free agent Crawford make the jump to middleweight to take on Andrade, if Spence won't fight him.

So Canelo never ducked him to become undisputed at MW? why didnt he fight him?
I don't know, you'd have to ask Canelo that question. But Canelo fought GGG twice and Jacobs at that weight so it's not because Dynamite fists Andrade scared him. Could have been timing as well. Andrade got his title on 20th Oct 2018, Canelo had Rocky Fielding already scheduled at the end of 2018. And then Canelo fought for last time at MW against Jacobs who was a much bigger name than Andrade, even if Andrade had a belt (a shit one). So when were they going to make the fight? Could Canelo even make 160 now?

Last edited:

Actually this fight should happen. I agree here. Both are good in their own ways. Who else is there for them to fight that is better than the other?

Yeah would help if GGG wanted to fight a warm body then hoping for the Canelo ticket

Back