Healthy ways to satisfy my sweet tooth?!

spirez

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yes i am weak and cannot resist the temptation of chocolate but what are my healthier alternatives? Any home made recipes?

I've ordered gourmet nutrition so that should arrive this week with some fresh ideas but what do you guys eat to satisfy your cravings?

Body composition is no issue for me so it's a health thing rather than a fat loss thing.

I eat 2-3 chocolate bars per day. Mars bars are flavour of the week! Also a fan of choc digestives :redface:

On the subject of cravings, one of my lecturers mentioned the other day that they could be the body's way of telling you that you need something, ie sweet tooth = carbs, savoury = salt etc. anyone heard anything similar?

Dark chocolate would be better than milk. Learn to love 70% or more.

You shouldn't cut certain things completely out of a diet, odds are much greater you'll relapse and then it all goes to hell. Nothing wrong with eating chocolate just dont over do it.

fruit. oh, and the knowledge u'll be a fatass all ur life if you keep eating 2-3 chocolate bars a day.

fruit. oh, and the knowledge u'll be a fatass all ur life if you keep eating 2-3 chocolate bars a day.

Truth. Don't be apart of America's problem. Too many hot single women out there that need lovin' too :D

I've read that if you have a strong craving for sugar that you're probably dehydrated as sugar saps your cells of fluids.

Is there any truth to this?

Personally, I like to fill that sweet tooth craving, by eating a bowl of oatmeal with chocolate protein powder mixed in and sliced strawberries on top.

Or maybe some natural PB on triscuts, or a spoon full of honey.

But fruit is my sweet tooth craving filler.

I have heard that if you are craving something- ie a certain type of food, its because you are mineral deficient and your body knows that specific type of food is high in said mineral.

For example pregnant women craving certain foods, or when you crave something late at night.

I have heard that if you are craving something- ie a certain type of food, its because you are mineral deficient and your body knows that specific type of food is high in said mineral.

For example pregnant women craving certain foods, or when you crave something late at night.

I think this is crap... too many peo0ple crave mcdonalds.

hmm.. i used to want to eat sweet stuff here and there. though, after changing my diet i never get the desire anymore. i guess it's because muscle milk is so damn tasty :)

Exercise some willpower. After a couple of weeks the desire to eat shitty foods will dissipate completely.

I think I have one of the worst sweet tooths around. Although expensive, I substitute a lot of of my sugar intake with Equal (its my favorite sugar substitute). I typically eat Fiber One cereal every morning mixed with a half a cup of low surgar stawberry yogurt and 10-15 packs of equal. It takes care of my cravings in the morning while getting 20 grams of fiber as well. Also, if I'm craving ice cream, I typically will get a sugar free/fat free frozen yogurt at Bill's (sacramento yogurt shop). Its actually a really great substitute and satisfying as well. It's good theres all these new sugar replacement options nowadays, even though i'm prolly gonna get cancer next month. fuck it

Exercise some willpower. After a couple of weeks the desire to eat shitty foods will dissipate completely.

This. Also, eat fruit. Don't drink fruit, eat it. Eat a peach, a pear, an apple, a banana, some grapes, prunes, raisins. Fruit is nature's version of Candy, and it's a lot harder to eat too much of that than it is to eat too much candy.

Well i've just eaten the last choc bar so there's no more in the flat now. I'm gonna try the 85% stuff. Dont really need to cut it out completely as i eat healthy throughout the rest of the day.

I think I have one of the worst sweet tooths around. Although expensive, I substitute a lot of of my sugar intake with Equal (its my favorite sugar substitute). I typically eat Fiber One cereal every morning mixed with a half a cup of low surgar stawberry yogurt and 10-15 packs of equal. It takes care of my cravings in the morning while getting 20 grams of fiber as well. Also, if I'm craving ice cream, I typically will get a sugar free/fat free frozen yogurt at Bill's (sacramento yogurt shop). Its actually a really great substitute and satisfying as well. It's good theres all these new sugar replacement options nowadays, even though i'm prolly gonna get cancer next month. fuck it

is Bill's on Florin?

is Bill's on Florin?

Yeah, in the bel air shopping complex. when i was going to UOP in stockton, the go to place was tiger yogurt on pacific ave. both are really good. i forgot to mention, I also buy the strawberry sugar free red vines (can't stand sugar free twizzlers), i like them even more than the originals.

Back