healthy sald dressing

bayboy4life

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I love to eat sald and I was wondering what healthy salad dressing there is out there?i am a sucker for ranch.But i know thats like puttin mayo on your salad so i dont wanna mess with that.

I use flax seed oil & vinegar. Sometimes I will use a little regular Italian dressing instead of the vinegar for more taste.

Dressings are a fat source. You should consume good fats daily. So just make sure you get "good" unsaturated fats, such as olive oil, instead of cream-based or hydrogenated gunk.

What the Hell is sald?

my new favorite salad dressing is annie's naturals woodstock dressing.
annie's naturals

most salad dressings are basically a fat and a sweetener so you could try making your own by adding a quality oil/blended avocado/tahini with something sweet such as an orange. and you could experiment with adding different spices/herbs. but i've never tried making my own so it might taste like shit.

one salad dressing i'm going to try to make sometime is:

2 ripe avocados (peeled and seeded)
1 clove garlic
3 cups fresh carrot juice
braggs to taste
1 tsp oregano
2 scallions minced

blend.

I use flaxseed oil and balsomic(sp) vinegar. The first time I had it I didn't liked it because the flaxseed oil tasted wierd, but I like it the second time around.

Also, when I don't eat salad I can put some flaxseed oil into my whey shake to get my EFA's

Back