Healthy Meal For Class Project

Trael

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi D&S, I know it's most likely a little off topic, but today I received a project for my Human Anatomy class, and decided to come to you food gurus for help. :redface:

Here is what I have to do:
Make a meal for lunch that is healthy, visually appealing, and good tasting. I also need the cooking instructions, and calorie info(Which I'll do myself, I don't need you guys to do everything for me :D )

I'm not a bad cook, but I really don't know many recipes, and I figured you guys would have the solution. Again, sorry if this is an intrusion, I just need some help. Thanks.

Eggs, bacon and Sausage. Make sure you cook the eggs in bacon fat.

I'd love to see his/her face at something like this . . . OMG'z your gonna have teh heart attack!

Eggs, bacon and Sausage. Make sure you cook the eggs in bacon fat.

I'd love to see his/her face at something like this . . . OMG'z your gonna have teh heart attack!

Sad but true.

Of course the guy that makes a romaine lettuce salad with croutons and fat free ranch dressing will get a pat on the back.

Grill salmon with lemon slices on it. Steam some broccoli. Dice and roast a potato. That's a simple an healthy meal. If you need more taste appeal (and your teacher is a fucking idiot), add a little ketchup to the potatoes and ranch dressing to the broccoli.

why do you have to do a lunch project in a human anatomy class?

why do you have to do a lunch project in a human anatomy class?

Part of the class is Nutrition. Maybe the teacher just wanted some free food, fuck it, I don't know. But I do need to pass the class to graduate. :redface:

Part of the class is Nutrition. Maybe the teacher just wanted some free food, fuck it, I don't know. But I do need to pass the class to graduate. :redface:

How big a component of the grade is this one meal?

You have a moral imperative to suggest a recipe involving bacon, preferably in a way that bacon manages to wrap something with bacon in it.

Just make a stir fry with some chicken, veggies, and some sort of stir fry sauce. Put it over a little bit of rice. There you go, relatively healthy, tasty, easy to cook.

if you have to make something considered healthy by just aboot anyone then, you could make split pea soup. here is my recipe to make a lot of it:

ingredient list:

2 pounds of split peas.
head of garlic
1 large or 2 medium yellow onions
a few carrots
a few potatoes

spices:

nutmeg
salt
black pepper
red pepper flakes
white vinegar
turmeric
a few bay leaves

prep:

peel a few potatoes and cut them into cubes of whatever size you want. do the same for carrots. i like to have pretty small carrot pieces: they don't have that cooked carrot taste.

dice the yellow onion

crush the garlic cloves and chop them up a bit

wash the peas

cooking:

sweat the onions in in oil until translucent. i add about 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, a half teaspoon of black pepper, and a few bay leaves at this step.

when they're done, add the garlic and mix it in, then immediately add your peas.

add roughly enough water to cover the peas x 2. bring this mixture to a boil, then let them simmer until the peas are tender (about 1 hour usually)

while the peas are cooking, cook the potatoes so they're tender. i like to steam them with a splash of white vinegar in the water. when they're done, place them in the fridge to stop the cooking.

when the peas are tender, i take out the bay leaves and then blend them with a stick blender. you can blend them in portions with a blender or mash them- however you want to them. or just leave them how they are.

add turmeric so you like the color, nutmeg and salt to taste, and then add nutmeg to taste. i will generally use half a nut, but if you're using powdered crap, just add i to taste. i add a couple splashes of vinegar here to give some bite too- not too much.

at this point, add the carrots and let them cook in the soup for a few minutes so they're tender.

when they're done, take off heat, throw in your cooked potatoes, and mix everything together. you're done.

Back