Healthy Cruz vs Barao who would win?

I think Barao would have a good chance of subbing Cruz or, less likely, catching him on the feet. I can't see Cruz finishing Barao anywhere tbh. Hard to see how a decision would play out as well.

Who wins? Depends on who the judges are and where the fight takes place.

sadly, those things are a deciding factor.

Healthy Cruz got floored and taken down by Faber, in a pretty close fight.

Faber couldn't come close to landing on Barao or taking him down.

I don't think Healthy Cruz can hang with Barao, and I think Improved Might Mouse can beat Healthy Cruz too.

Michael McDonald dropped Barao too and Cruz would 50-45 McDonald no problem, styles make fights.
What makes you think McDonald wouldn't land on Cruz? I like Cruz but he mainly fought a bunch of stumpy wrestleboxers.

It's hell bringing in training partners to emulate Cruz.

I think Cruz would take a competitive decision, he might get hurt at one point but recover.

Barao easily. Cruz barely beat Faber and Benavidez. Beat Mighty Mouse only cause he had like 20 pounds on him.

Very tough call. Cruz is very slick on the feet, but Barao is dynamic enough to strike with him. I'd give Renan a slight edge if it goes to the ground, but neither man is easy to takedown.

I'd say Barao by competitive, but clear decision.

Well i know for sure, barao not being taken down ever in the ufc, cruz would be the first, but cruz i think gets the nod, very different from what barao has ever faced, IMO

Cruz could win. He'd dissect Barao's game and come up with a strategy to get it done, I think.

idk. cruz embarrassed MM pretty bad and was actually faster in that fight. How the hell can barao or anyone else for that matter keep pace with a guy that fast. My head tells me Cruz but my gut is screaming barao only because renan is so awesome.

Barao for sure he's gonna hold that belt for a long time

Cruz is the best 135er I've ever seen. Which says a shit ton considering Barao is an extremely close 2nd.

It's not like you can feel totally confident picking either guy, but IF I had too, I would take Cruz.

Barao is tailor made to destroy Cruz. He is very good on the counter, and would catch him coming in.

Cruz finishes him.

Brutal K.O.

As good as Cruz is/was I see barao beating him quite handly but I could be a bit bias as barao is one of my favourite fighters.

Back