Healthy Cruz vs Barao who would win?

EvanSullivan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
IF Cruz was 100% healthy, I still he would lose to Barao, but he'd give him a tough fight. Cruz's footwork could certainly cause Barao some trouble, but Faber dropped Cruz twice in their last fight and if that was Barao, he would of gotten the job done. I'd say Barao tko round 4

I would root for Cruz but Barao destroys him.

I'd put vcash on Cruz.

Faber dropped Cruz twice? Lol maybe while he was on one leg or off balance... if Cruz didn't compromise his stance by placing his feet under himself, the punches Faber landed would never have knocked him off balance.

Michael McDonald dropped Barao too and Cruz would 50-45 McDonald no problem, styles make fights.

Not sure there is such a thing as "healthy cruz" anymore. :(

Barao after Cruz breaks both of his hands and starts spamming elbows in the first round then after Cruz takes a three year lay-off and comes back to fight Uriah again only to get injured before the fight then retire.

Cruz could beat him if he were healthy. I'd give Cruz the edge in that fight, but not taking anything away from Barao who's a monster in his own right. Cruz was too quick to get caught and I think he'd drag Barao into the championship rounds, chipping away and frustrating him into a decision win.

No idea, nobody came even close to solving Cruz - he was running circles around everyone with his speed and footwork and bleeding them for points every second of the fight. He never fought Barao though.

I'm super sad that we didn't get to see Barao come in and challenge for the title against Cruz. People are starting to give Barao the credit he deserves now, but people would've been talking alot more, alot faster if he had come in and taken the belt from the established champion.

Obviously I'm also incredibly sad that Cruz got his prime ruined. He had potential to become a legend but now people will hardly remember him.

Barao because he is a natural born finisher and would murk Cruz.

Cruz was pretty damn good, but right now, I see Barao beating pretty much anyone in the division.

I'll take Barao. Cruz's pitty pat striking bores the crap out of me!

Cruz has had a hell of a long layoff, and Barao is a tough fight for anyone, gotta go with Barao

IF Cruz was 100% healthy, I still he would lose to Barao, but he'd give him a tough fight. Cruz's footwork could certainly cause Barao some trouble, but Faber dropped Cruz twice in their last fight and if that was Barao, he would of gotten the job done. I'd say Barao tko round 4
He was not "dropped" once, rewatch the fight. Was knocked off balance.

Not impressed with Cruz. Hate that style. Dude seems a little high on himself as well. Think Barao murders him if Cruz doesn't spend the whole 25 minutes avoiding the fight.

It would be a great fight but I would have to give Barao the edge, it would be very interesting though because Cruz hasn't faced anyone with as good striking or bjj as Barao and Barao hasn't faced anyone with as good footwork and takedowns as Cruz

I think it would be Cruz by decision or sub and Barao by KO or sub. After watching both fight i think it depends on mistakes and positions when mistakes are made.

Back