healthy breads

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
What breads do you guys usually eat im looking for something really healthy in Ireland they had this stuffed called brown bread which would crumble up almost like a cake was amazing but cant find anything like it here in the states

so paying 5 bucks for organic bread vs cheap 1 dollar wheat bread is no difference huh

My advise, make your own. If you really love bread. Finding a good bread is hard. They all taste like crap IMHO. Plus there is something about fresh bread.

i like ezekiel. good stuff.

I think the ideal bread would contain mesquite, chia seeds, hemp, buckwheat, rye, spelt. It would minimize nutrition poor flours like wheat as much as possible. It would minimize gluten as much as possible.

The sprouted grain breads like Ezekiel are good, especially multigrain ones. If you have access to a trader joe's they have several good choices- their whole wheat tuscan pane is delicious and nothing but whole wheat, water, and yeast.

2009-11+070.jpg

DSC05851.JPG

Most of the big names like oroweat use lots of sweetener, dough conditioners and other crap, and if they are labeled high fiber they usually add cellulose (wood pulp). f that.

No trader joes near me unfortunately. My go to bread is Sara Lee 100% whole wheat or multigrain. 45 calories per slice of complex carbs. Great for making sandwhiches on the go fit into a days diet nicely. Something like 5g fiber and 6g protein for 2 slices without any refined flour or artificial cellulose added. Plus its the best tasting bread that's affordable at wally world.

Sourdough depending on what kinda healthy you're looking for.

No trader joes near me unfortunately. My go to bread is Sara Lee 100% whole wheat or multigrain. 45 calories per slice of complex carbs. Great for making sandwhiches on the go fit into a days diet nicely. Something like 5g fiber and 6g protein for 2 slices without any refined flour or artificial cellulose added. Plus its the best tasting bread that's affordable at wally world.

I used to buy that one actually when I didn't havea good TJ's or health food store around. I remember being surprised by its ingredients list for being a big company - not bad.

I got into a huge debate about bread with a self titled nutritionist bitch (and milk) and from what we argued, its not a big deal.

Since she only knew the obvious, I found no reason to make the choice of bread hard whatsoever. Look for high fructose corn syrup. If it has it, skip it, if it doesnt, read on. Look for whole grain over whole wheat. This matters little as long as you see the fiber. Is it more than 2 at a regular one slice serving? If not skip it, if so read on. Calories. How high are they? If theyre high but so is the fiber then maybe not that bad. This depends on your goals. Finally, ingredient list. Some people need to know for health reasons, because bread shouldn't have a shit load. Ive honestly not found a reason to give a shit tho cuz I dont need stuff like gluten free products.

Sprouted grain, ezekiel, organic, look, if you like the taste, go for it but ive not found a fool proof reason to not eat a cheaper loaf that does the same thing.

Whole Wheat Bread is pretty good for you.

I have a minimum of 2 slices a day, tastes good too.

Whole Wheat Bread is pretty good for you.

I could be wrong here, but I think any type of bread, whole wheat or sour dough or others, can be made good or bad. Just sticking with a "type" might be misleading. As others said, some manufacturers stuff in all sorts of garbage like high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, etc. You have to read the label to be sure.

I could be wrong here, but I think any type of bread, whole wheat or sour dough or others, can be made good or bad. Just sticking with a "type" might be misleading. As others said, some manufacturers stuff in all sorts of garbage like high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, etc. You have to read the label to be sure.

Indeed.

I'm currently on the hunt for high protein bread (forgot the name of it), but two slices of it deliver 32G of protein, can't seem to find it anywhere though.

Btw, CP why can't I enter the Plat forum?

How do white breads/rice/pasta compare to the whole grain counterparts? Is there a benefit going whole grain when trying to healthy bulk? Lastly is there a performance difference aathletically?

Back