Heading to Argentina

Will be there for 3 weeks, about half the time we will be staying in Buenos Aires. My wife is from there originally. I don't speak Spanish but I speak bad German, of which there is a large population.
According to Google maps there is a BJJ gym a few blocks away. Hopefully I can get one or two sessions in.

Anyone ever been? Cool things to see? My wife has only been home once since 2001, and that was when her dad died this past summer, so she will almost be a tourist too.

Try and get out of BA as much as possible. 4 days is plenty is see just about everything.

I'd go to Ushuaia in the south. Bariloche, valle la Angostura, San Martín de los Andes is really nice too.

Córdoba has the best women.

Misiones is interesting.

Mendoza can suck a dick

Even good German wont help you much bud... learn some basic Spanish or walk around with your phone and google translator, THAT will help you

Bring Tim Kennedy.

Say the wrong thing and you die. Don't go out at night.

Don't tell a mestizo he isn't full European.

Don't insult the beef

Avoid the west side

Don't turn down liquor

Don't criticize the politics or country's government with your liberal hippie American western imperialist shit.

You'll spark world war 3 if you tell any Argentine their country isn't Europe 2.0

Chimichurri sauce is the GOAT sauce. Eat as much of it as you can TS.

I suggest you call everyone on their direct European decent nonsense every time an obvious mestizo calls themselves Italian or German.

that is the funniest thing about argentines. guys that look like diego maradona think they're full-blooded europeans lol.

Will be there for 3 weeks, about half the time we will be staying in Buenos Aires. My wife is from there originally. I don't speak Spanish but I speak bad German, of which there is a large population.
According to Google maps there is a BJJ gym a few blocks away. Hopefully I can get one or two sessions in.

Anyone ever been? Cool things to see? My wife has only been home once since 2001, and that was when her dad died this past summer, so she will almost be a tourist too.

USD has much more worth than the Argentine dollar. Have fun man, Buenos Aires is beautiful. Go to some beaches

Let them know you come from a superior nation, therefore they should look up to you and treat you as their better.

Also, South American women ftw.

If you're even halfway outdoorsy, go to the Iguazu Falls. One of the most underrated natural sites in the world, IMO.

foz-do-igua%C3%A7u-onde-fica.png

I suggest you call everyone on their direct European decent nonsense every time an obvious mestizo calls themselves Italian or German.

There aren't that many mestizos Argentina. Those that are on the darker side are usually ethnic Paraguayan or Bolivian.

Lots of Nazis

I went 6 years ago and loved it. A lot of people spoke English very well, with barely a trace of an accent, so it was pretty easy to communicate. I studied Spanish in college and a lot of it came back to me after a couple of days if i needed to use it (for tourist type things.) One thing i would recommend is taking the buquebus to Uruguay. It wasn't expensive, it took an hour or less to get there, and i got to spend the day in a country i may never well have seen otherwise. I went to Colonia Del Sacramento, which is a little beach town, and got to drive a little ATV style dune buggy around the streets legally. It was so much fun. You can also choose to take a longer boat ride to Uruguay's capital, Montivideo, if you prefer. I would have loved to see it, but didn't have time as i split my vacation between Argentina and Brasil and had to leave for Brasil. The women were beautiful and the people were friendly.

Really? I was in Buenos Aires last year and few spoke English.

The meat is awesome though.

My money ran out in Bolivia when travelling South America, so I only saw Buenoes Aires which was awesome. Definitely going back and heading down south, seems a wicked country.

Back