Headgear Question

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by LRjiujitsu, Jul 9, 2010.

1. LRjiujitsu

LRjiujitsu Blue Belt

I tried doing a search, but i cant find any reviews or anyone saying they purchased the Triumph United superlative headgear...the kind you see rampage always wearing that is supposed to be like the winnings fg 2900. Just curous because since there are good things said about the heatseekers which were winning inspired, maybe the headgear was decent too?

I have about 80-100$ for headgear, and i want something compact and light but still decent protection. I do have a small head though, only 21 inches. I was liking the top ten avantgarde with the cheek protectors, but they only come in one size and i think that is a little big for me (i read a review and someone said it was slightly loose and he had a bigger head then me) but if you know if it will still fit, let me know

So yeah, anyone know how good the new TU headgear is? on mma stop it sais they only come in one size, but on SUPERLATIVE HEAD GEAR it sais they make 2 different ones (sml/med and a large/xl

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  2. Fwogz1

Fwogz1 Blue Belt

I need some headgear too, and really like that design of the T*U. Anyone have a review on it yet?

3. LRjiujitsu

LRjiujitsu Blue Belt

unfortunitly i dont think so. I would say i would bite the bullet and get it, but i have nothing else or any experience with headgear to compare it to lol, so that wouldnt help me or anyone else out

4. maravillin

maravillin Blue Belt

i need some new headgear as well

5. LRjiujitsu

LRjiujitsu Blue Belt

actualy, is the TU headgear that looks like winnings even out yet? the ones i see for sale all have a grey tag on the top, and all the pictures of rampage wearing it have a red tag. Unless hes just special or the photo isnt correct of what the real headgear looks

6. LRjiujitsu

LRjiujitsu Blue Belt

bump incase anyones got any info on this headgear at all

7. I'm interested in this headgear as well. T*U has become one of my favorite brands in the last year after picking up Heatseekers and Thai Silencers along with a couple of rashguards. Some of their t shirts are awesome too.

8. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

I bought the Avante Guard two and have been using it for two weeks. My coaches were wary of letting me use such thin headgear. Regardless, I went in and sparred with it and it suited me.

The heardguard looks cool, absorbs hits, but still moves. The chin strap is far up under the chin so it doesn't bother your adam's apple, but the strap itself digs into your jaw. The helmet also slips forward onto your forehaead as you fight.

However, it's easy to put on and adjust. It makes you look like a Spartan. And it's unique.

9. LRjiujitsu

LRjiujitsu Blue Belt

haha true, i have a very small head though, so i would imagine it to move even more on me, so i think i may get fightgears mexican style headgear, or the TU superlative headgear and just see how it goes even thoughi haven o previous headgear experience to judge it on.

10. Timm S

Timm S Yellow Belt

Do you have the strap threaded the right way? Unless you bought too large of a size it shouldn't move much at all while the strap is snug and you can feel it, it really shouldn't dig in that badly. I found it took a while to get the right tightness balance between the strap in back and the one under the chin also. But once it's right it stayed put.

11. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

Strap threaded the right way? It just goes through the hole, and then around, and then velcro's. ....OR IS THER EMORE?!!

12. Timm S

Timm S Yellow Belt

Actually there is a correct way. I don't know how to put a picture into a thread or I'd post it. Send me a private message and maybe I can get it too you that way.

13. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

Would you happen to be Tim S from Totiro?

14. Timm S

Timm S Yellow Belt

No. Just a dedicated Top Ten guy.

15. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

Funny. I ordered my two Avante Guards from a Tim S at Totiro. Nicest guy, gave me a free mouthgaurd and hand wraps with the order.

Anyway, I'll get you pics later tonight after I get out of work and back from the gym.

16. Cannon_6

Cannon_6 Green Belt

I suppose it's just a coincidence that every thread you've created promotes either a sale at totiro-usa or an event sponsored by totiro-usa?

Threads started by Timm S

17. muaythai7

muaythai7 White Belt

^ and also the fact that he lives in Illinois, the same place Totiro-Usa is based in. Pretty suspicious.....

18. Timm S

Timm S Yellow Belt

Well you're right I don't start many threads and they are about Totiro sales. I will say that 2 of my close friends started the company and I do use a ton of their stuff. One of the guys owns a kickboxing & MMA gym and I'm there a couple times a week banging. Totiro sells good stuff, I like the gear and especially like the headguard as they have allowed me to continue to train (i.e. kept the head impacts minimized). Without it I think I'd be stuck doing katas all the time and I just don't find doing them as fun as sparring.

19. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

The plot thickens.

Goll-lee you guys are investigative.

Even you are some secret pawn in Totiro's game of luring Sherdoggers, you may or may not have given me free stuff, so you're possibly alright in my book.

20. Timm S

Timm S Yellow Belt

I like that "as the plot thickens". Perhaps more appropriatelt "As the Sherdog Turns". :D