headgear help

maravillin

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
i need recommendations from my fellow sherdoggers on headgear that wont slip at all and provide the best nose prtection..with the no slipping being the major factor..i like my kofg headgear but it slips to damn much and its time for an upgrade. its used mainly for boxing but also a lil muay thai but protection is paramount over visibility. thanks!

Apparently Top Ten is the top headgear maker:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f67/top-ten-head-gear-review-1239869/

They are expensive, but if protection is as paramount as you say it is, then think of it like this:

The product states it will last a lifetime. Realistically, let's say three years.

365 days x 3 years = 1095 days / the $129 price tag = .12 cents a day.

You would pay about a dime a day to use this product, which offers some of the best protection on the market. The customer service is pretty cool. I emailed recently and they politely answered my question:

from Kris ---------<[email protected]>
to Casey ---------<[email protected]>
date Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 11:15 AM
subject RE: Message from Sharkwear Sports LLC
hide details Jul 11 (3 days ago)
Casey,

Most people that do boxing and Muay Thai opt for the Competition Head Guard.
No clear reason why other than it has been around longer. Both it and the
Avantgarde are safe and will protect you very well. Both are made with TOP
TEN's patented shock absorbent material called Bayflex.

The Competition model comes in black only. The Avantgarde model comes in
red, white, blue and black. Both models are available in S, M and L sizes.
We have all colors and sizes in stock.

Let me know if that gives you enough information or if you have other
questions.
Kris

[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2010 11:27 AM
To: Customer Service
Subject: Message from Sharkwear Sports LLC

Hello,

Sherdog.net/forums HIGHLY recommends your headgear. They say it is the
premiere headgear in the market.

I am interested in a pair and am willing to purchase them soon. I do boxing
and Muay Thai. Do you recommend the professional set or the Avante Guard?

Thanks

i'd like to see someone compare a winning headgear with a top ten that would be nice.

How badly do the KOFG's slip? I was considering getting those :(

I'm in the same boat. I have a rival pro that won't slip but it offers zero nose protection. Then I have a title platinum that protects better, but vision is shit and I can take it off at the end of a sparring session without loosening anything because it slips so bad.

I bought two pairs of Title headgear with the cages. That shit is like a brick on the cheeks. DO NOT recommend. And that cage may still hit your nose or break your hand.

In the market for a quality head gear, was considering getting the hayabusa but that price is steeeeep, but yea in for a good quality head gear

That Hayabusa headgear looks really cool.

Honestly, i know like it seems like a lot of cash at first, but it really is better to invest in one GREAT set of headgear that will last years then eventually buy another or RISK buying a shit one initially.

Like I said, I regret the Title's w/ cage's. I dropped $140 for a pair, and wish now I would've went with a one time deal of the Hayabusa or Top tens.

To me at first glance the Hayabusas look nice but have you seen any reviews on them?

me thinks gfg should make a gorilla'd version of the top ten headgear, oorah! lol.srsly what can i say im infatuated with gfg after how nicely the apeman gloves worked out for me.. wish u had this head gear and a curved version of ur thai pads..

@lawbob loblaw..how much does the head gear slip? hows the nose protection..thanks!

Back