headgear help

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by maravillin, Jul 14, 2010.

1. maravillin

maravillin Blue Belt

i need recommendations from my fellow sherdoggers on headgear that wont slip at all and provide the best nose prtection..with the no slipping being the major factor..i like my kofg headgear but it slips to damn much and its time for an upgrade. its used mainly for boxing but also a lil muay thai but protection is paramount over visibility. thanks!

2. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

Apparently Top Ten is the top headgear maker:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f67/top-ten-head-gear-review-1239869/

They are expensive, but if protection is as paramount as you say it is, then think of it like this:

The product states it will last a lifetime. Realistically, let's say three years.

365 days x 3 years = 1095 days / the $129 price tag = .12 cents a day.

You would pay about a dime a day to use this product, which offers some of the best protection on the market. The customer service is pretty cool. I emailed recently and they politely answered my question:

3. maravillin

maravillin Blue Belt

thanks.. i def be checking that out.

4. GFG

GFG Green Belt

i'd like to see someone compare a winning headgear with a top ten that would be nice.

5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Green Belt

How badly do the KOFG's slip? I was considering getting those :(

6. stupidnub

stupidnub White Belt

I'm in the same boat. I have a rival pro that won't slip but it offers zero nose protection. Then I have a title platinum that protects better, but vision is shit and I can take it off at the end of a sparring session without loosening anything because it slips so bad.

7. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

I bought two pairs of Title headgear with the cages. That shit is like a brick on the cheeks. DO NOT recommend. And that cage may still hit your nose or break your hand.

8. WildCard

WildCard Blue Belt

In the market for a quality head gear, was considering getting the hayabusa but that price is steeeeep, but yea in for a good quality head gear

9. ASEGSEA

ASEGSEA Guest

That Hayabusa headgear looks really cool.

Honestly, i know like it seems like a lot of cash at first, but it really is better to invest in one GREAT set of headgear that will last years then eventually buy another or RISK buying a shit one initially.

Like I said, I regret the Title's w/ cage's. I dropped $140 for a pair, and wish now I would've went with a one time deal of the Hayabusa or Top tens.

10. WildCard

WildCard Blue Belt

To me at first glance the Hayabusas look nice but have you seen any reviews on them?

11. maravillin

maravillin Blue Belt

me thinks gfg should make a gorilla'd version of the top ten headgear, oorah! lol.srsly what can i say im infatuated with gfg after how nicely the apeman gloves worked out for me.. wish u had this head gear and a curved version of ur thai pads..

@lawbob loblaw..how much does the head gear slip? hows the nose protection..thanks!