Headgear and shin pad recomendations

Shadowdean

Fear the Menanite!!!
@purple
Reaction score
I am looking to get shin pads and head gear for my vale tudo and kickboxing team. Any recomendations?

Combat Sports shin pads are the best around for cross training, bar none. Headgear, I personally use Muay Thai Gear Pro headgear with the cheek protection because they are made in the same factory as Twins and Fairtex however are cheaper because they have less of a well known brand name.

Superbeast said:
Combat Sports shin pads are the best around for cross training, bar none. Headgear, I personally use Muay Thai Gear Pro headgear with the cheek protection because they are made in the same factory as Twins and Fairtex however are cheaper because they have less of a well known brand name.

do you have a link for them Muay Thai Gear Pro. Google gave me to much to sift through.

http://www.mtglobal.net/

Seriously, my friend has a Fairtex headguard and I have an MTG Pro one and the only difference is the logo and colour (his is red, mine is blue).

I can't believe I am the first one to suggest them, but why not KO Fightgear
http://www.kofightgear.com/
As I understand they got their start by supplying schools. I just got a set of their new shin pads (that aren't on the site just yet) and they are super sweet. I haven't used their headgear but people on the boards speak highly of it. I have used their thai pads too and it is all really great stuff for the $$$.

HOw did those grappling shinguards end up working out for sparring? are they a little too thin for full out sparring sessions or are they good?

They are padded out very well however if you spar against a quality MT fighter like my occasional training buddy Jay Sanford you will end up with bruised shins, However that is still much better than broken shins so I will continue to endorse CSI shin guards to the fullest as they have literally saved me from shattered shin bones that could have been caused by national champions. Their closure system is also the best around IMO.

Thanks a bunch for hte info..ordering the shinguards from combatsports...as well as the great chest and thai pad combo...now deciding on headgear.

Back