Headgear advice

never enough

Colour my life with the Chaos of trouble
@Orange
Reaction score
Looking for new headgear after a few black eyes sparring at the new boxing club.
Tossing up between topking, fairtex hg10 fairtex hg13 or UMA r9
I will be using it for Muay Thai as well. I’m most concerned about vision and how bulky it feels.
Any advice is appreciated
I’ve owned a topking headguard before but would prefer something slimmer with better vision

I used a Hayabusa for ages. Like one of their first models. Never had a issue with them. I very rarely spar these days though so it might've moved on since then

My general rule has been Fairtex make great gloves and garbage headgear.

Fairtex headguards slip and slide obstructing vision.
When it comes to headguards nothing comes close to Top Ten imho.

Looking for new headgear after a few black eyes sparring at the new boxing club.
Tossing up between topking, fairtex hg10 fairtex hg13 or UMA r9
I will be using it for Muay Thai as well. I’m most concerned about vision and how bulky it feels.
Any advice is appreciated
I’ve owned a topking headguard before but would prefer something slimmer with better vision
Get a full face in the long run it's worth every penny, I bought a pair of the cheap RDX brand for our MMA club and I'm amazed how well they hold up, when I was younger I thought full face was for sissies and you couldn't see out of them but with some practice they really are phenomenal.

The trick is to press them back so the bar is as close to your nose as you can get it

https://rdxsports.com/xshield-head-guard/

Back