Head trauma in UFC

congo'spython

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Although a lot of people find Rogan to be uninformed about the topics that he discusses, I think that he has valid concerns when it comes to head trauma in the ufc. As a long time fan I too would like to see more research put into how to minimize damage. There are some fighters that I am particularly worried about...often they are fighters who have been in many wars. Discuss.

20140614_jla_am9_275.jpg.0.jpg

Diego-Sanchez.png decf4df9cf109a0f7a32f100c639eede_crop_exact.jpg image_crop.jpg image250.jpg Mike-Perry.jpg maxresdefault.jpg images (1).jpg

Last edited:
Breaking news; getting punched/kicked/kneed/elbowed in the head is bad for the brain.

Shocking

Platinum is still undefeated on my TV. I don't know about yours.

Where did I even mention last night's fight?

Pretty sure you are just pasting that comment in every thread.
Exactly. Now you get it.... this has nothing to do with you, it just happens to be in your thread.

Platinum is undefeated.

Showcasing violence is a pretty sick thing If you think about it, and most fans don't. Promoters make piles of money by paying people to hurt each other - permanently - to exploit viewers' fascination with people getting hurt. The argument that fighters choose to do it is not convincing: people choose to do a lot of questionable things for money, like rob banks.

Unless they go to some kind of head gear, I just don't see anything else.

Showcasing violence is a pretty sick thing If you think about it, and most fans don't. Promoters make piles of money by paying people to hurt each other - permanently - to exploit viewers' fascination with people getting hurt. The argument that fighters choose to do it is not convincing: people choose to do a lot of questionable things for money, like rob banks.

Good point...look at Lee Murray, he fought and robbed banks for money. It could be argued that fighting is the more dangerous of the two. Sjw fans don't want to admit that they are watching two people fighting in a cage because they are often not too smart and are desperate for money...yet they are outraged when Michael Vick has dog fights.

Back