Head Shaving(HELP REQUESTED)

Filipe_Br

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey, my search engine is not working so I don't know if this has been posted before or not, but I'm constantly cutting myself with razors, and the time and mess it makes for me that lives with 4 other people can be annoying, so I thought about electric shavers, but are they able to do the job on your head since i have really thick hair. I've also seen that Head Blade for $15, how's that work? Reviews are appreciated thank you.

If you buy a GOOD electric razor, it doesn't matter how thick your hair is. You'll also save money with an electric razor over time.

E

I have used an electric shaver once when I wanted it cleanshaved, and it worked fine. And I have thick hair as well.

Personally, I think the Headblade is a gimmick, esp the one that looks like a car. I've been shaving my head bald for the past 10 years and the best thing since starting for me was the introduction of the Mach3 blade. I've used several versions of the Headblade and always went back to my regular Mach3 blade. If anything, I recommend shaving after showering and letting the shaving foam sit on your head for like 3-5 mins to soften the hairs. I shave every other day and use sacylic acid toner as an aftershave to minimize those pesky razor bumps and irritations. I DO use Headblade's matte finish scalp moisturizer after using the sacylic aftershave to keep my dome from blinding people. So, I don't recommend the razor but I do recommend the matte finish moisturizer.

I totally agree with UltimaMMA with regards to the Headblade as a bit of a gimmick. I find that either my Gillette Mach3 or even the better Schick Quattro do a far superior job to the twin blade units used in the headblade, and for your money they last a hell of a lot longer. I would save the electric shavers for your face as the hairs on your head, particularly the top of your scalp, are a great deal coarser than that of your face. One last thing, lube up your noggin real good because the cuts and abrasions you get from shaving your head can sting like a bitch when your sweating hard or have been out in the sun for a while.

Shaving your head bald isn't that big of a deal. I shave my noggin every other day and do it after my shower. It takes an extra 5 mins after I shower, but thats it. I figure thats replacement for shampooing hair. My g/f loves my bald dome and my female coworkers dig it. I don't have to worry about shampooing hair or spending money on 10 dollar haircuts every two weeks.

How do you cut yourself so much? Are you using cheap disposable razors or something? Ive been shavin mine for about 4 years now and cut meself only a couple of times when im rushing..

Buy yourself a Mach3...You need never cut yourself again...The thick hair thing isnt a problem if you shave regularly

schick quatro is the way to go for close shaves and no getting all cut up..............

My hair was thinning in the front and I was self conscious about it. I decided to shave it bald, but only after a lot of soul searching. LOL. At first it was a bit shocking, but now, I love it! I would not change it for anything. I get more stares from chicks and look a lot more agressive and intmidating. Living on Bronx, NY, that's a good thing.

I personally use a Braun electric shaver. It works fine. Shave your dome while watching tv!

I shave my head with a Mach 3 every other day, only time I ever get cuts is if I have a whitehead on my head or something. I usually shave it in the shower no problem. If I get lazy and don't cut it for a few days, I use my hair clippers with no guard first then I use the Mach 3. Definately use shaving cream though.

Back