Head movement?

NOO! Sherk's biggest problem is he hasn't figured out to use head movement and kicks to get past a longer fighter's jab. He's got solid punches, but he never lands them because his head movement and footwork are weak.

Tyson Griffin's been steadily improving, but I still haven't seen him tearing guys up on the inside.

Now Mike Tyson on the other hand did a great job of overcoming a reach advantage by closing hard on longer fighters and mugging them on the inside

Tyson is the king of getting inside of a taller fighters range. Everybody was emulating Ali with a stick and move pattern from the outside and Tyson was the antithesis to this.

Seek out Tyson's training videos and you shall find what you are looking for.

Here is his head movement training...

YouTube - Mike Tyson Drills and Training

great tread. :) i dont have much head movement.. so i need all the tips i can get

great tread. :) i dont have much head movement.. so i need all the tips i can get

I think that's a common problem with people that train only MT. I was the same way. Guys with fast combination punching gave me trouble. When I started to work with a boxing trainer, not only did my punching offense get better, but my defense got much better as well.

Yeah i know what you mean. Sparring with boxers gives me hell. But i have a new training partner from nederland who are very good at boxing. And he is taking me trough some drills for head movement. So i hope to get better at this with time.

Mike Tyson.

The man perfected head movement against taller fighters and always got inside their comfort zone to fuck them up big time.

[YT]A42BzG80XWk&feature=related[/YT]

[YT]5myL5x-qmd8[/YT]

Get a rope and string it up to shoulder level, even better get two and put them in an x from corner to corner in the ring. Practice moving forward and slipping rolling under neath, while throwing punches. Like this:

Starting at 3:30

Although most coaches will tell you to bend at your knees and not your kneck like Margarito is doing.

As I'm training standup for thai and MMA, does anyone have any special pointers for that in regards to head movement?

Bobbing too low and you might end up face first in a knee or getting wrapped up in the thai clinch, no?

Back