Head Gear for grappling

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by TapOutGrapler, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Hey, what are some good choices when it comes to grappling head gear? I heard BRUTE has some good air release cussions. ALSO, what about headgear for MMA? Is there any thing of the sort?

Your Friendly Newbie- TapOutGrapler

2. Any Body?????????

3. steelcitysaint

steelcitysaint Banned Banned

I've never heard of headgear specifically for mma but wrestling headgear works for grappling. I get all my wrestling gear at Wrestling Direct here's a link to there selection of headgear....

http://www.wrestlingdirect.com/Default.aspx?tabid=78

If you want a recommendation, I'd go with the CK Tornado Headgear, its $29.95. It's pretty much the standard today in wrestling, and its what I use in wrestling compeition.

Hope that helps!

4. banderkejs

banderkejs Green Belt

5. c_grappler

c_grappler Blue Belt

we carry Pride head gear. www.casca-grossa.com We sell them pretty well and never got any complaint.

6. DaFort

DaFort Blue Belt

I personally like the Quad Tech from Brute. I bought a CK Tornado but it doesnt fit any head with a hat size approx. 7 1/2. The old school Halo is good, but they can cut your partner.

7. SSF

SSF SSFgear.com

8. S.D.Force

S.D.Force Blue Belt

the Cliff Keen traditional headgear is BY FAR the best on the market. There are lot's of other fancy looking ones i've tried. But none comes close in fit , comfort, and function, to the traditional CK's. They also have an option for the chin cup instead of the under the chin strap, and you can pick many different colors. The "halo" version are also very comfortable and functional, but look a little funny.

Go to Cliff Keen home web site directly for the best options.