head and arm smashing a dead art?

i first saw the nearside undertook pass in 2010 vs dan hardy thought looked weird then saw shawn williams teach it.

it looks great but tbh i never ever see guys hit it tbh i dont think iv ever seen it outside gsp
During one of David Branch's UFC fights, John Danaher tells him between rounds to pass half guard with the near side underhook.

I still use it and I think a lot of others do too. I think the reason you don't see it as much is because the defenses against it are better than before and there aren't as many chances to use it. Against old-school halfguard it works really well, but against a kneesheild it's IMO a waste of time. The types of guards that are popular now aren't easy to knee slide through. There are other passes that work better/faster. I'm sure it will come back into style once the current popular guard changes.

Shit you're right, I do this without even thinking about it.
lots of things guys do without realizing it if youve grappled for years you udnerstand things its funny base is something that its hard for some guys to teach but you naturally develop it and know how to properly position your weight ect after years of having to pass de la riva spider collar sleeve ect sadly though most gyms dont teach it early on danaher put out a great vid on it though depending on the guard they have depends on the base youll use

Back