"He was heavy on top... maybe I shouldn't have given him that chicken."

Ascent

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
lol Hendo :icon_lol:

It will be a travesty if Cormier doesn't fight for the title after Gus, that was pure domination.

Clarification
For people who might think this was some sort of a racist statement - Cormier is a self proclaimed avid fan of Popeye's chicken, and before the weigh-ins Hendo gave him some chicken as a joke/tease.

Video - 'incident' is at 3:40:

Last edited:
hahahaha imagine all the people who didn't watch that vlog thinking hendo is racist or something

hahahaha imagine all the people who didn't watch that vlog thinking hendo is racist or something

The crowd reacted kinda strangely, you might be right.

Still funny as shit.

Will always be one of my favorite fighters. Fucking shitty to see him go out like that, but big props to DC.

Lmao Hendo is the man. He will always be one of my all time favorite fighters. It was tough to see him get absolutely ragdolled like that

for anyone confused, there was a backstage vlog thing where hendo, as a joke, brought DC some popeyes chicken, DC has expressed many times how much he loves his popeyes.

Will always be one of my favorite fighters. Fucking shitty to see him go out like that, but big props to DC.

I disagree that it was a shitty way to go.
He was in fight against a very good opponent and while being dominated didn't really take that much damage.
Being finished by a choke like that does no real damage to you.

Also Daniel Cormier is a very deserving person and a fighter.

Awesome legend. I think he should hang them, but that's his decision and he knows what's best for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back