He was a UFC champ at the same time with Chuck Liddell, Evan Tanner, Matt Hughes

No this is:
xp6d1TS.jpg

I think it was Bad Boy before that too.

Someone needs to tell these guys that you don’t HAVE to have a nickname.

Sometimes something sticks and it’s great, like Rampage or Wonderboy. On the other hand, if you’re Rory McDonald, just let it go.

Most nicks are given by others. Its not the fighter picking them.

The old guards not done yet.
Just think Oleinik debut about 10 years before Andrei was champ.
Soon they'll all be gone though :(

He's nowhere as chiseled as in his UFC champ days and his technique is like watching some newbie novice throwing wild reckless spinning shit. Anik praising his fight IQ was fake news.

Glover is the old man poster boy.

I think it was Bad Boy before that too.

Someone needs to tell these guys that you don’t HAVE to have a nickname.

Sometimes something sticks and it’s great, like Rampage or Wonderboy. On the other hand, if you’re Rory McDonald, just let it go.
You can never nickname yourself. Rory had to learn that.

Deserves every penny,the sexy beast

God damn it show timmay some respect. He beat prime Arlovski twice and he knocked out plenty of HWs who looked like athletes. Goober could fight and it’s about time people admitted it.

He was effective. To me it would be like if Sean Bradley was born at a time when he was able to dominate the NBA. That probably would not have been my favorite era.

With a record of 30-20 how is this guy still fighting in the UFC?

Most nicks are given by others. Its not the fighter picking them.

They can tell the company/Buffer that they don’t want to use a certain nickname.

Also, I highly doubt anyone organically started calling Rory “Ares” in the practice room, or the “Red King.” Both reek of try hard.

Legend says he has the most original and creative nickname in the sport
I think the UFC gave him the nickname. I remember watching a video where they explained his whole persona was manufactured by the UFC as a brilliant marketing ploy, right down to his fanged mouth guard.

UFC 47 was my first UFC and Arlovski fought against Cabbage on that evening. He really did put on a show and and became my first favourite fighter. Still a fan win or lose and will never root against AA

Lol the ref stops the fight and Cabbage doesn't complain about it. How many people ko/tko ed cabbage? I think just Arlovski and Tank Abbott

I don't know this guy Tanner Boser but even if he's at least half decent he should be able to beat Arlovski and send him into retirement.
Arlovski looked shot.
Never count out Arlovski.

They can tell the company/Buffer that they don’t want to use a certain nickname.

Also, I highly doubt anyone organically started calling Rory “Ares” in the practice room, or the “Red King.” Both reek of try hard.

Yea with Rory it does seem that way. Also if you are given a nick, you dont change it like that. Ask Wonderboy, once you earn a nick its there for life.

Back