He was a UFC champ at the same time with Chuck Liddell, Evan Tanner, Matt Hughes

He was HW champ during my favorite time to be an MMA fan.

no Conrat fanboys, no Brock WWE crossover fans, no Air Khabibers.....just TUF noobs lol
MMA fans. MMA fans never change. Back in the days TUF noobs were just as annoying as Conrat fans, Brock penis tattoo lovers and Khabob fans.

I think it was Bad Boy before that too.

Someone needs to tell these guys that you don’t HAVE to have a nickname.

Sometimes something sticks and it’s great, like Rampage or Wonderboy. On the other hand, if you’re Rory McDonald, just let it go.

I was so confused about who Rory McDonald is. So I googled it and found out that is the Red King's real name. No idea. Rory seems like an odd name. ;)

Oh great, I always like when comes an idiotic history revisionist and tries to understand what happened back when he didn't watch the UFC by going through fighter's wiki page.
Especially bringing something completely irrelevant for MMA contention and ranking - a record.

The fact is, that Arlovski beat "undersized HW" Matyushenko who was actually on his way to the HW title contention, because he beat "not-undersized" HW Rizzo just before the Arlovski fight.
And Freeman , another "undersized HW" was fresh off huge upset, laying waste on Mir.

LOL. Good ol' Sherdog, where you'll get flamed randomly by some pontificating asshole who assumes that anyone that doesn't think like him is an MMA noob. Guess what, I was watching the UFC when Arlovski burst onto the UFC scene.

The Janitor was indeed a super talented guy, with great wrestling, and having a lot of success at HW, but Jesus Fuck, you must be the one looking only at the Wiki page not to know that the guy fought at 210 in one of his UFC fights. Weighing in at 5 pounds away from the LHW weight limit for a heavyweight fight, yeah man, totally average-sized HW...HUGE guy for the weight class, mate.

And so was Freeman, regardless of the fact that he beat Frank Mir. Would weigh in at around 215 pounds.

Both Freeman and Matyushenko went on to fight at 205 for many years afterwards. That's not being revisionist, that's just a fucking fact, so shut up.

And he was so popular back in the day, he had a series of LCD TVs named after him . . .

SOYO Joins Forces With Andrei Arlovski

The “Pitbull Series” televisions look to stand toe to toe with the competition, offering an introductory price of $699 for the 32″ LCD HD model. Priced and marketed aggressively to mirror the fight style of the former champion, the SOYO brand television will be available on SOYO.com, myspace.com/Arlovski, www.arlovski.tv as well as select retailers.

How many fighters can claim that?

You must be one of the biggest fans of Arlovski or of LCD TVs, or both. :cool:

LOL. Good ol' Sherdog, where you'll get flamed randomly by some pontificating asshole who assumes that anyone that doesn't think like him is an MMA noob. Guess what, I was watching the UFC when Arlovski burst onto the UFC scene.

The Janitor was indeed a super talented guy, with great wrestling, and having a lot of success at HW, but Jesus Fuck, you must be the one looking only at the Wiki page not to know that the guy fought at 210 in one of his UFC fights. Weighing in at 5 pounds away from the LHW weight limit for a heavyweight fight, yeah man, totally average-sized HW...HUGE guy for the weight class, mate.

And so was Freeman, regardless of the fact that he beat Frank Mir. Would weigh in at around 215 pounds.

Both Freeman and Matyushenko went on to fight at 205 for many years afterwards. That's not being revisionist, that's just a fucking fact, so shut up.

No, you haven't watched it back then, despite you lying about it.
How I know that? The clear indication is using a size difference of HW as an excuse to diminish records and achievements of Arlovski , this is one. Everyone knows how small is the size factor in MMA, especially in the HW division.
You even close your eyes to the fact that Matyushenko beat Rizzo and Freeman beat Mir, and no one back then underestimated both of these fighters for their size. No one.

Secondly, of course, is bringing record - the absolutely meaningless stat for the success in MMA - again, to diminish Arlovski's achievements.

Conclusion: Arlovski definitely was worth the hype, and your opinion is not worth the air you breathe

Tim Sylvia proved with a good coach and a jab you can hold a UFC title. Even if you're a one trick pony.

Arlovski proved that you can be outstruck by Werdum with his open hand slaps. Worse...

Werdum proved you sub Fedor if he aged.

None of us believed he could age.

Arlovski vs Fedor was incredible to witness.

Tim vs Andrei 3 netted me around $1500 in profit going to a decision.

Arlovski was in decline back in the UFC title run.
Never knew why,
but it was obvious Tim was going to win
and I assumed it was just bad coaching
(behind Arlovski vs better coaching behind Tim)

Always been a fan but he needed to work kicks and grappling more because his boxing became too stiff.
Went from lighting fast to predictable stances.

<45><45>
Lol, well done sir. Funny episode.

I remember that Diaz interview from your quote,
it was stellar.

Callin' out boxers for their training behavior and it was so damn true. Good interview.
He talks about being loyal to helping his partners train.
People shit on Nick but there are plenty of examples being level-headed, and actually dropping hints of wisdom.

"win or lose, i'm taking punches" is burned in memory.

No, you haven't watched it back then, despite you lying about it.
How I know that? The clear indication is using a size difference of HW as an excuse to diminish records and achievements of Arlovski , this is one.
Everyone knows how small is the size factor in MMA, especially in the HW division.You even close your eyes to the fact that Matyushenko beat Rizzo and Freeman beat Mir, and no one back then underestimated both of these fighters for their size. No one.
Secondly, of course, is bringing record - the absolutely meaningless stat for the success in MMA - again, to diminish Arlovski's achievements.
Conclusion: Arlovski definitely was worth the hype, and your opinion is not worth the air you breathe
Oh wow! LOL! You sure seem like one whiny, triggered, butthurt nerd, too emotionally invested in something that just doesn't matter all that much. Take it easy, mate, don't sweat over stuff like this. Some folks will disagree with you, sometimes. It's not the end of the world, and it's not worth insulting people nearly as gratuitously as you just did. And it doesn't mean they're lying all the time. Put down the tinfoil hat and the Qanon sign for a sec, and take a deep breath. The weekend is about to begin.

It's insane that guys like he and Overeem are still ticking.

I don't know this guy Tanner Boser but even if he's at least half decent he should be able to beat Arlovski and send him into retirement.
Arlovski looked shot.

Oh wow! LOL! You sure seem like one whiny, triggered, butthurt nerd, too emotionally invested in something that just doesn't matter all that much. Take it easy, mate, don't sweat over stuff like this. Some folks will disagree with you, sometimes. It's not the end of the world, and it's not worth insulting people nearly as gratuitously as you just did. And it doesn't mean they're lying all the time. Put down the tinfoil hat and the Qanon sign for a sec, and take a deep breath. The weekend is about to begin.

I see that you completely abandoned the topic and dedicated all your response to yours truly. With a lot of projections, too.

Would you like to open a thread dedicated just to me? We can discuss myself as much as you want, it's my favorite topic.

Arlovski wasn't even the best in his division at the time. Of all those champions, their divisions have evolved pass them but here Arlovski is, trudging along.

I don't know this guy Tanner Boser but even if he's at least half decent he should be able to beat Arlovski and send him into retirement.
Arlovski looked shot.
I mean with Heavyweights its such a crapshoot I think that's why these guys can go into their 40s at that weight class. Speed is less important and strength sticks around. Just rock em bop em sock em robots two big dudes swinging hard until one guy drops a lot of the time.

Dana always said it was one of his regrets letting Arlovski go, I think he’s doing right by him now.

He makes such big money...how taste his PPV?

We can discuss myself as much as you want, it's my favorite topic.
I have to say that doesn't surprise me, seeing how full of yourself you appear to be. But I'll pass.

I have to say that doesn't surprise me, seeing how full of yourself you appear to be. But I'll pass.

Weird, because all your latest messages are only about me. Any other topic is forgotten. Do you even remember that this is MMA forum? That we discuss great Andrei Arlovski, who beat top competition to get his title?

tR_8YDsFljbwVDGRcMHrUAukhUX9tDWyzmE46VjRtTJbFTwWxX6A4MFE8NkJd-w4NqoLfYtC38Q=w442-h333

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back