He needs to retire BUT 3 Round Anderson would have won that fight.

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
He looked damn good in that first round. The second round was close so it might have been a split decision win. There would be so much joy in these forums if this fight was just three rounds.

Jose Aldo is another one. He was competitive with Yan for the first three rounds. 3 round Aldo is 2-2 with 2 finishes and his two losses were by decision.

Older fighters need to give up the spotlight of the main event and just fight three rounds.

Anderson looked pretty good tonight.. Especially considering he's 45. Gotta hand it to him. Even though he lost, he still can hang with top tier fighters. Not really getting outclassed at all.

yea he would've won then getting saved by the bell. Uriah would've probably been a lot more aggressive early in a 3 round fight tho. So it's kinda pointless argument.

Uriah definitely would've fought with more of a sense of urgency in a 3 round fight, and the result likely would've been the same. The speed discrepancy was just too much, and Andy's chin just isn't there anymore.

But still a solid performance at this age, amazing that he's still getting in there with legit contenders at 45. Absolute legend.

I thought Hall won 2 and 3 but I might need to watch it again.

He got ko’d ....would’ve could’ve, but didn’t

He looked good because Hall didn't do anything in the first round. Let it go.

He looked damn good in that first round. The second round was close so it might have been a split decision win. There would be so much joy in these forums if this fight was just three rounds.

Jose Aldo is another one. He was competitive with Yan for the first three rounds. 3 round Aldo is 2-2 with 2 finishes and his two losses were by decision.

Older fighters need to give up the spotlight of the main event and just fight three rounds.
totally agree
retire in the co-main
let someone else get a title shot
let us dream you're still pretty invincible and do your job as a gatekeeper. keep padding that record and then retire for good.

some guys just can't let it go - still think of themselves as super heroes or so

totally agree
retire in the co-main
let someone else get a title shot
let us dream you're still pretty invincible and do your job as a gatekeeper. keep padding that record and then retire for good.

some guys just can't let it go - still think of themselves as super heroes or so
Its hard cause as a fan i was hoping for some wild shit until he was finished....if i can hold that hope i cant imagine that he doesnt

In the 4th round which is exactly the point I'm making.

Old dudes cant go all night long like they use to.

He can't take a shot period. Hall didn't land anything in rounds 1 and 2 like the shots that put Silva down. He showed Silva too much respect and only started throwing heat in round 3 after Silva started punching him clean in the jaw.

When you are managing a 45 year old legend, you would think they would push for 3 round fights. We all had fun when he fought Izzy for 3 rounds. Could have got ugly if it went 5.

Same here. He may have won a close decision, or lost a close decision. But point is, it would have been competitive and good match making.

I am not sure why silva's management didn't push for that. Make him a co-main, and keep it 3 rounds. Obviously the UFC is fine with this, cuz Silva is leaving and Hall is staying and they need Hall strong for a match up. They have that now.

Hall was going easy on him until Silva hit him with a lead elbow.

That's just my impression. Before that he was content to trade jabs.

Silva was so out of position after wiffing on his shots. Chin in the air, hands down. You don't really see this happen to older top boxers...

Back