HCK Armor back in stock

HOWARD COMBAT KIMONOS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
COMPETITION SINGLE - Available now!

This is a serious gi that will take a lot of punishment and fight back. Your opponent's hands will not like this gi. It will make them ache and hurt and they won't be able to maintain a grip without paying a price. 740 gram thick but the uniform is flexible and comfortable to wear. Insane collar that is IBJJF legal. It feels like trying to grip a 2X4 wooden plank.

This is not a fancy pants fashion forward t-shirt gi that is all the rage now. This is a monster gi meant for players who take their Jiu Jitsu seriously and play like monsters themselves! Come and get it.

www.howardliu.com

I have been wanting a thick, heavy duty gi that is similar to the Mizuno double weave judo material, but with a BJJ style cut. But those are hard to find.

How would you say this gi compares in thickness to the Mizuno Eurocomp? Or to some of the double weaves (discontinued) made by other brands like Atama's?

I really like my Eurocomp except the cut is too baggy for BJJ

I remember seeing a Gracie BJJ video last year of an older man receiving his purple belt. The video was footage of him rolling as he spoke and he was wearing an HCK kimono that looked unbleached and very minimal. Does anyone know which gi that was he was wearing? Was it the competition single?

BJJ Coffee Drinker,

This was my first gi years ago, (this and the absolute still come out to haunt fragile hands everywhere) and is exactly what you are looking for. The HCK comp single has a similar density to the upper part of the Eurocomp, but ends up feeling heavier than the eurocomp because the bottom half is not diamond weave. The comp single was more tailored than the standard single and material is noticeably not stretchy, still minimal in the standard but the comp has none. The only issue i've had is the drawstring getting bound up, but this was easily fixed be replacing with a round cord and not a flat one. Aka, much more fitted than any judogi.

These have been compared to chainmail for a reason.

The only gi's that beat it are the HCK double, and HCK Absolute, also known to kill medium sized animals too... Atama "double" weaves are much thinner than this gi, Mkimonos Palladium is as thick, and the material is nicer but the cut on that gi is way off and not worth it at all.

I am a heavy gi fan, having had dragao's, bad boy's, and mizuno eurocomp and a few others. The HCK's are the best out of all of these, excellent compromise for a daily training gi, or comp gi if weight isn't an issue. Only problem with heavy gi's is the washer takes a beating.

since howard just brought back the competition single, are there any plans to bring back the competition double?

Is the collar any different from the other hck model collars ?

I just bought this one in the slim size. Pretty excited

I just recently got a hold of an unbleached HCK kimono from ebay and WOW why do we use any other gi than this? Everything else really does seem cheap and silly compared to this piece of armor. Everything. I have no reason to wear anything else now. This thing feels like it is worth what you are paying for. I am still shocked at how beastly this thing is!

Are you kidding me? This gi is insane! I can't imagine how much more thick you can get than this without being a judogi. Wow!

They are so thick they retain their shape when you take them off. I used to stand mine on its bottom and it would stay

Nice! I don't doubt it. Which models are thicker? I avoided the other HCK models because of all the print and logos on them. The unbleached gi just has a simple Howard logo on the arm. I've seen the same unbleached HCK gi but instead it WAS bleached and white. Which model is that? Is it discontinued?

They have that same single as the unbleached in white too.

Mine was a double, which is discontinued. The competition single is heavier than the standard single, I think the comp is now their heaviest

But is it still elastic pants? I won't buy one till they bring back old fashioned pants. Too worried elastic not strong enough.

Mine are the old fashioned drawstring pants not elastic. I don't see how elastic would be a bad thing, though. If anything, it would secure the pants to your waist more.

I've played basketball and been pantsed enough to be skeptical of just elastic like a pair of ballers. Elastic plus traditional cool. Just elastic? I want some photos and a thorough review. Of course if HCK sold tips separately I'd be on that like white on rice!

What's the shrinkage like on the standard single? Want to order .

Back