HBO dumps Klitschkos

That's really silly. :icon_chee Just remember that Vitali was beating Lewis on the scorecard when they fought. It was a bad cut but it should be noted that Lewis was not walking through Vitali.

on one of his worst nights and Lewis still got the job done.

The heavyweight fights in boxing have been on the decline for years now, the real juice is in the lighter weight classes where there's more action and guys who want to go out and bang.

The heavyweights has been a snoozefest since Tyson fucked himself up.

Lewis retired so he wouldn't have to fight him again. Not that I care, I hated watching Lewis fight.

I am a fan of both Klitschko's. I think HBO is making a mistake. They are the best in the heavyweight division right now.

Meh. Lewis was getting worked that fight. No matter how you look at it. And as someone else mentioned, he retired to avoid having to fight him again.

I have grown to appreciate the K's over the years. In and out of the ring.

I understand where HBO is coming from. Why spend money on the K's when most of the match ups don't interest the US market? Meanwhile, the K's are doing great in Europe and HBO will get interested again if there is an American (or at least Anglo) legit contender.

I wish that more people appreciated the K's for what they bring to boxing. But that's not the way it is in the USA.

i like the k brothers but lets be honest as great as they are,they are boring to the casual viewer

its a waste to hbo's budget they need to grab a lwer weight class and do a super six style tournament that way we see the same faces fighting different guys until we have a tournament winner

Anybody here stop to consider the likely possibility that Ross Greenburg may not necessarily be telling the public the true reason for the move with this statement?

The discussion in this thread would have an unknowing passerby thinking that Ross Greenburg is a renowned humble truth-teller, and not a television executive.

why bitch abput this...after the fight you same people will be like" Yet another Klitschko snooze fest"...Or " Nobody has a chance against the guys"...." who gives a damn., Unless they are fighting haye to unify the titles.

why bitch abput this...after the fight you same people will be like" Yet another Klitschko snooze fest"...Or " Nobody has a chance against the guys"...." who gives a damn., Unless they are fighting haye to unify the titles.
A lot more people than you think.

Go watch ultimate fightin' bum fights.

Looks like HBO is striving for a Great Black Hope nowadays.

I love the the Klitz, I am the Klitz commander. The problem is since they dont have a big US following they dont fight over here because they wont sell out a big arena. The go to Europe which is fine but the tape delay sucks all the life out for most american fans. I consider myself more than a casual boxing fan and i totally missed Vitali's last fight, I'm not sure it was even broadcast in the states.

Klits aren't boring, their opposition not being able to do anything makes it boring. I mean, didn't Wlad beat Peter without even using his right? There's no competition other then Haye, and he's talked all this shit, to go fight Harrison

Povetkin and Adamek > Haye as far as what's left in competition.

Vitali is not so bad, watching Vladimir fight can be just awful; I get the impression he could finish most of his fights by the sixth if he had a bit of agression. HBO dropping them is a shame, but lets face it...the heavyweight division is pretty damn sad. There are only a few good matchups available: Povetkin and Haye vs the bros.

I missed a fight or two on ESPN because I had no idea that it was taking place, zero promotion.

Back