HBO dumps Klitschkos

kingobould***

Purple Belt
Reaction score
HBO Sports President Ross Greenburg has again ripped the Klitschko brothers. IBF/WBO/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (54-3, 48 KOs) and WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko (40-2, 38 KOs) have both have previously fought on the network numerous times and routinely fill huge soccer stadiums when they fight, but Greenburg says there is no longer any interest in them from HBO.

I guess he missed the fact that Vitali-Arreola was one of their highest rated fights of last year

That guy is right, I can't tell those Klitchkos apart to save my life...aren't they boring as hell anyways?

That guy is right, I can't tell those Klitchkos apart to save my life...aren't they boring as hell anyways?

it can't be that hard to tell them apart, and no they're not really boring considering they usually KO or TKO their opponents

Showtime wants to sign the Klitschkos future fights including the Haye one, so don't worry :icon_chee

boxing is on the decline, they cant even get people in the US to care about the heavyweight champions. once the big name boxers retire boxing will truly be near its end.

boxing is on the decline, they cant even get people in the US to care about the heavyweight champions. once the big name boxers retire boxing will truly be near its end.
The most popular MMA fighters are Brock & Kimbo not Fedor or Anderson just saying...

Edit: And MMA has declined considerably in Japan since Pride's death, that's one of the 3 main MMA markets.

Boxing is not what it once was in North America but huge worldwide.

HBO are right. Maybe this will put a bit more pressure on the Klitschkos to actually find better opposition.

HBO are right. Maybe this will put a bit more pressure on the Klitschkos to actually find better opposition.

Define 'better opposition', please - they've challenged all comers and fought most of the consensus top 10 HWs the last few years.

There's the problem, they've beaten just about everyone. It doesn't get no better than Povetkin, Haye, and Adamek at this point.

There's the problem, they've beaten just about everyone. It doesn't get no better than Povetkin, Haye, and Adamek at this point.

And Valuev (if King is sane enough to agree to the $1.5 million purse given he's got no other money fight on tap for him).

Back